[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - ASP2 - Recoil Options
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Re: ASP2 - Recoil Options
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:42 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Again the element of perception

The code is EXACTLY the same and has been exactly the same since MAKO 2. Only different if you have modified the sirvoe parameters. The difference you are seeing in the video won't be due to the code. The difference will be due to the recoil system itself - in this case you are saying the Clark system is slow NOT the Juno.

If you could mod the code on the juno like you can on Sirvoe they would be identical.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:46 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I'm not sure I understand what clark has to do with this? You were using ASP on the video, not clark, right? maybe I missed something...

So with the sirvoe connected between asp2 recoil port and my servo, the motion is perfect. It's quick to move the gun back, and little slower to move it forward - perfect!

But on your video it shows when connected directly to underside of juno the servo has the same speed of motion in both directions. So are you saying this depends on the servo itself, or the signal reverser?

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I'll use the sirvoe for the recoil. If I run out of them, I'll buy more from you :)

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:08 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

You are looking at the action of the Juno controlling a Clark recoil unit which if you look closely has gears. Gears control the speed of movement.

So the over riding control of speed will be determined more by mechanics.

The code most certainly on all recoil programs is an immediate jump. It is definitely not equal. Why would I program it to be equal when I use the fact that it is fast back and slow return as the selling point?

It looks equal because the Clark unit is slow to respond.

I only say this because if you were to connect a Sirvoe to the Clark it would look very similar. But yes Sirvoe is the better option.

CHeers, kg

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:51 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Aaah... now I understand. Thanks :)

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:28 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

I am planning for an ASP for my new tank, it will be great to have the option to edit track recoil like IBU3, would that be possible in the near future?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:55 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Track recoil is already editable on Aps2. You can have none (default) a little or a lot. Available on all new Asp2 and in the October update for Asp2 sold already.

Track recoil options are adjusted in the aspsetup text file for which you need an OpenLog board.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:29 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Kevin,
So if I buy an ASP I still need the open log to program it?
Can it be done through a computer?
In one of your videos you had a tiger one firing canon while driving, could this be done while recoil is on?
Thanks

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:12 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well no you don't need Open Log. Starting Asp with MG2 on will toggle the recoil on/off.

There is actually comprehensive editing available of Asp using only your radio. After all when I take my tanks outside I take my radio not a computer.

And no you can not have recoil with moving tank - to do so would really put your gearbox/drive train/whole tank under stress.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board