[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Asp2 - New SmartSmoke System
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Asp2 - New SmartSmoke System
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:49 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey All

Here is a heads up on the new SmartSmoke system for Asp2. First some background. When developing for Asp I am only interested in making the function as best as it can be (or that I can make it). I have no interest in adding a half baked function. Unfortunately, I had to do this for the smoke function. I did not have the board space nor the time to do smoke right. Hence, the smoke control on Asp1 and 2 is basic at best - a simple on/off. Many of you don't use smoke and prefer the space for a decent speaker so many many are affected by this decision I do not know.

With the development of products like the "Burn Effects" smoke unit I was able to get around to providing a decent smoke option with a sirvoe board acting to pass on information to the burn effects control board. This system was quite impressive and finally provided a decent smoke solution albeit at a price.

Even so the Burn Effects still was not enough and hence we have "SmartSmoke". Ok yes other competing boards have smoke unit control but let's think about it for a second. What are they actually setup to control? There are at least 2 different types of smoke unit options out there, the HL factory type with a piston pump operating at battery voltages and units like Burn Effects with a 5 volt fan. Clearly a one program smoke option does NOT fit all.

SmartSmoke will try to address the differences with different programs for different smoke unit types and different battery voltages. SmartSmoke also communicates differently with the Asp unit. SmartSmoke does not use the channel PWM data to run proportionally but rather runs according to the engine sounds. Let me explain using engine revs as an example. When you rev the engine with Asp there is no motor movement and hence no motor PWM info for the smoker to use. A smoker relying on motor PWM will not do anything. However, if the smoker reacts to the SOUND of the engine revving then it will have something to react to. Finally, heater temperature feedback - to be talked about later but for now this...

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Asp2 - New SmartSmoke System
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:22 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,
Any update on when this would become available to support Tarr smoker? (For a number of reasons, mainly space, I'v decided to not go with burn effect and use Tarr smoker in both my tanks).

And would the smartsmoke already handle the puff puff effect, or would I still need to program a sirvoe for that effect?

Thanks

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:58 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Any update Kevin?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:19 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

All available development time has been spent on the ASp2 upgrade. I have not looked at Smart Month in over a month. And things don't look good for the next month either.

A Tarr smoke unit is just a fan & heater unit and will work with any program set up for fan & heater.

At present yes there is a fan & heater program but it is not as good as the piston pump & heater program.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:48 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

So can you post smartsmoke on you shop site? I can't find it there. I'd like to buy it and use it with a piston pump for now, and when you release the update for the tarr smoker, I can update it then.

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:36 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Pete
No it is not in the shop as it a a unit that I have to make up 100% by hand. So I can not guarantee supply and only make then by request.

I will make one for you along with the porgrammers I have also made for you and Rad and then I can send them both to you. I want to finish testing of the firmware upgrades this weekend. I 've also got some voice over guys in to give me some real russian voices for my T-34 & T-90 soundsets & a pommie git in for the Challenger.

I have also found this really really cool app for everyone to change all of the voice commands in test and programming modes. That is the voice commands in Folder "01" on both cards. It is called TTSAutomate. You can get it here:

https://github.com/CaffeineAU/TTSAutomate

What it does is you set up the file name then type in the phrase you want spoken, choose what language and gender and it can create all the voice commands in one hit.

Cheers
kg

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:16 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thank you Kevin!
But I need at least 2 smartsmokes. Please email me the price :)

And excellent about the voice overs! I wasn't intending to change yours, but when done with other mods I'll definitely play with this.

Thank you!

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:34 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin, I see that the smart smoke boards are sold out on the store website, is it possible to order off you a couple of smart smoke boards
Tony

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:47 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Tony

There are smart smoke boards here. However there are no connecting cables. I have ordered a few hundred of them. When the cables arrive then the boards will be available.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:24 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Thank you Kevin. I'll keep an eye out at the store. Or will you post here ?

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board