[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - How to Edit Your ASP Soundsets
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: How to Edit Your ASP Soundsets
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:57 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi All

This post is a guide on how to make simple edits to your soundsets, like adding user sounds or changing between tank types. I have covered in brief a bit on creating unique sounds here:

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=1028

But when you get to the end of the post above you will note I then talk about the problems with making sure the files are in order. This has been a big issue in the past but now with Drive Sort it is completely fixed.

BACKGROUND.... You can skip this if you wish.
The sound modules used on Asp are NOT designed by me they are generic MP3/WAV player modules. I did not write the firmware for them it is generic. Now the way these mp3 players handle files is a bit different. You can do a google search on this. I have and I'm going to copy from this guy....

http://www.murraymoffatt.com/software-problem-0010.html

Basically,"Many MP3 players that are based on USB flash drives (sd cards) don't allow you to sort the MP3 files in the order you want to listen to them. Instead they play the MP3 files in the order they find them; usually the order you copied them to the flash drive."

This is the problem you will get if you just swap files around on your sd cards. Even though the file number is correct the sound module doesn't look at the file number but rather the LOCATION stored on the sd card. So if file 001_filename is not stored in location 001 then it is not played and the file actually in location 001 is.

THE FIX:
To make sure that the file numbers match up with the location stored on the SD card we use DriveSort after all of the edits have been made to the SD card.
DriveSort_en.zip
Drive Sort does not need to be installed just unzip to a location on your computer and run the DriveSort.exe file.

EXAMPLE Changing to a different tank
What tank sounds are played depends on what sounds are stored in the root directory of the sd card. By default the Tiger1 soundset is what is shipped in the root directory. If you want to change I suggest FIRST backing up both SD cards to your computer.

Now start DriveSort

Once you have done this place the first SD card into your computer. Delete all of the soundfiles themselves from the root directory. At present this is 90 files on card A and 120 files on Card B.
LEAVE THE FOLDERS. DO NOT DELETE THE FOLDERS
Goto the "TankSets_AorB folder and choose the tank sounds you want. Open that tanks folder and copy the soundfiles inside to the root directory. Again this will be 90 files for card A and 120 files for card B.

Once you have done this go to DriveSort

Now
Click: Disk --> Open and then select your SD Card drive
All of the contents of your SD card will appear in the right pane. if you look at them you will see the order the files appear in the "stored" order.

Click: Folder --> Sort
This now sorts the files in the correct order and you will see the changes in the right pane.

Click: Folder --> Save
This now saves the files in the correct order on the sd card.

Click: Disk --> Close VERY IMPORTANT
This closed connection to the sd card properly.

You can then eject your sd card and repeat for the second card.

This process may seems long winded here but in practice it is 10 mouse clicks

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: How to Edit Your ASP Soundsets
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:53 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I must say the sound quality of this board is really unbelievable. Sounds even better and louder than my 2.1 speakers in my computer.

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:57 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

cant wait to test mine :)
(waiting for the 6 pos switch I got to install in taranis, then got to update the model on the radio and program most of the switches before I can start testing)

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:11 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks nice to know my years of band and studio work are appreciated. People do not get how important it is to have sound files with sample rates at 44 k minimum and seem to be happy with LoFi on other boards cos they haven't heard cd quality out of a tank.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:42 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Drive sort does not work on macs any other options?

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board