[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Questions about ASP2
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Questions about ASP2
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:49 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi there,

I live in germany so sorry if i am using some not-so-correct terms.
Lately i started planning to build my first rc tank.
I had some experience with rc cars in the past, but this was back in the eighties ;)
So i am a total newbie.

I will get a heng long abrams, tune it with metal parts, new elevation/recoil unit and put a new tank control unit in it.
The tank i plan to build is an abrams M1 and i already got a taranis radio.

What i really like about the ASP2 is the setup of the radio, that none of the stick channels are needed to control all the aux functions. And i already learned by reading here in the forum how to use dedicated servos for elevation and recoil by using mix functions.

In the ASP Wiki is a sections which has all the sound files but without links.
As i really would like to check the Abrams sounds first is there any chance to get the sound files, at least engine startup and idle sound ?
There are only a few videos on youtube but the sound is not that clear/good, i mean the recording.

Would there be any chance to get a gun barrel stabilization realized with the ASP2 ?

As i am still not sure if i get with an ASP2 (which i would have to import from Australia) or with an IBU3 which i could buy in germany any input would be great!

Btw, i learned that some basic configs are done via voice control, and most of the other settings are handled by the radio config ?
Is this correct or is something else needed for configuration (usb/serial interface, infrared device, etc.) ?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Olaf

Post subject: Re: Questions about ASP2
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:47 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:58 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:24 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well, I have no idea about the Abrams sounds, but the sound quality and quantity that ASPs boards can play is vastly superior to the rest of the boards. You cant imagine how big the difference is until you play them.

And you can always make your own custom sounds very easily. I am one of those who thinks that sounds are like the paint, each tank should be different.

And no, I dont work for RC tanks australia :lol:

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:28 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:54 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yep, I received my boards with a birthday paper, so got no customs. Lol

I edited my yesterday's message. I wrote it with the phone and I did some mistakes that could led to confusion.

Sorry.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Kevin,

I dont know if the "gift" thing would work.. when i get something from outside europe i have to pick it up at customs and they want to see an invoice plus a proof of payment.
So low custom values never worked for me yet.
But thats no problem :)

I was just interested in one demo sound file, for example the engine startup... i am not good in making sounds by myself so i would rely on good "out of the box" sounds.

Programming the radio should be no problem...

I looked up what an "openlog" is... a serial data logger.
How is that working ? What would i have to do with it ?

Some other tank controls can directly support specific gyro modules and use the data to realize stabilization via the board itself.
Just wondered if ASP can that, too.
Maybe its not that difficult to get the same function with a gyro unit... dont know yet.
I will replace all heng long motors with standard servos so the speed should be no problem.

Cheers,
Olaf

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board