[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - FINALLY - November 2016 Asp2 Updates
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Re: FINALLY - November 2016 Asp2 Updates
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:35 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Peter

Did you have a look at the guides page - Asp2 Walk around?

If you do you will find this image...

Asp2_Mainboard_Labels_800px.jpg

Bottom left corner has the key to the update ports.

1 is for the main controller, 2 is for the receiver, and so on.

If you got a programmer from me the yellow or white wire will be the wire that need to connect to the RX on the FTDI as it connects to the TX on the IC. If the TX and RX are the wrong way round the program will not upload but there is no other consequence (just swap em over).

Again it bought from me - programmer shipped with cables connected right way round.

Again Pt3. Besides the receiver and turret IC on ASP2 it won't even matter if you try to upload an update to the wrong IC. The updater will recognise the wrong IC and the upload will not go ahead and the existing program on the IC is not affected. On ASp2 the receiver and turret IC are the same chip so make sure that you get those two right.

Since on ALL RCTA units Ground is the middle pin of the update port and NO V+ is present it has never mattered if you get the TX and RX back to front. The only thing that will happen is the upload will not go ahead so you just swap around the cable.

Does not matter which IC you update first, though for ease I tend to do the LED IC first as it is the shortest and there is only 1 update. For the MAKO, Receiver and Main Controllers I suggest updating with the file numbered 1 first, then 2 second, and so on

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:54 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks
Figured it out and doing it right now. So far so good :)

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ummm.. No... Asp1 also has multiple update ports also

asp_program_ports.jpg

I don't think ANYONE has ever managed to follow the instructions correctly to make their own working programmer

- either they buy the wrong one
- buy a cheap counterfeit FTDI from China
- do not reprogram the FTDI board to provide inverted TX and RX lines

May you be the first....

RE: RX & TX Off hand I do not know what pin is what - I've never cared - as I said if it doesn't work I swap around - Since Asp2 uses the JST connectors - you would only ever have to do it once.
Also even though they have "polarity" I do not know if there is a standard pin numbering for the JST connector. But regardless on Asp2 the Main Controller update port the pin closest to the middle of the board is the IC TX and hence the FTDI RX

Yes, it is a logical process -
Eg.
To update the LED IC connect to the LED update port - load the LED update file and update.
To update the Turret IC connect to the turret update port load the turret update file and update.
To update the Receiver IC connect to the receiver port load the file starting with 1xxx - update - then load the file starting with 2xxx - update
To update the Main IC connect to the Main controller port load the file starting with 1xxx - update - then load the file starting with 2xxx - update
then load the file starting with 3xxx - update
then load the file starting with 4xxx - update

Yes it seems a lot - but there is a lot to Asp. It is safest for everyone to update all parts even though you may not use them. For example if you are never ever going to use 4 or 6 channel mode then you only need to update the receiver IC with the file starting with 2xxx. Likewise if you are only ever going to use airsoft and never use the radio programming function then the main controller only need to be updated with 2xxx and then 4 xxx.

Finally when done each individual update the program will tell you if the update is successful - so you need to monitor each and every one.

Takes about 10 minutes to update/program the Asp2/Juno

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:29 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

:) well i guess i must be the first then, cause i just finished updating firmware using my programmer. I updated all files for all 4 ICs. And I did some testing. I see inertia is now added by default. Not sure id want to keep it, but for now ill run with that.
But all the sounds still are slightly behind motions. Whether i move the turret, barrel, start/stop driving, the sounds are not in sync with motions just like before. There's the same slight lag where the sound initiates a split second late, and it finishes a split second after motions are stopped. Anything else you can think of Kevin to improve that?

Also (this might've been the same before, i just never tested it), is there a way to allow shooting main gun while driving without any conflicts? When I initiated the shot, driving would not work until the shot finished. And when i was driving and shot the main gun, the tank kept on driving without responding to a stop until the shot action was finished (it actually crashed into a wall, but the wall is still standing.. lol)

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:44 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

have you tried better quality (faster) sd cards???

I now get higher quality SD cards for Asp (twice the original price but 200X more reliable)

I have looked at this and I do not have any issue here - I do not see any timing problems

The program is written so that as soon as the motors get enough pwm to start motion the sound is triggered.

Sorry

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:31 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hmm... yes, i was suspecting the sd cards...
At least the one for the B bank should make a difference.
What parameters are yours, so i could use that for reference. (I dont want to spend money for one that would turn out still too slow, and getting the fastest available may be pricy.)
Thanks

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board