[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Machine Gun Variations
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Machine Gun Variations
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:23 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

A short note about one of the extra features of ASP/Taipan. The Asp and Taipan protocols allow for the triggering of 2 separate machine guns. This does not mean the triggering of the same machine gun sound and flash sequence at two different locations (turret & Hull for example) but 2 different machine gun sounds and muzzle flash rates at two locations.

Further, users can choose between Axis and Allied machine gun types. So there are in fact 4 different machine gun muzzle flash rates available.

Why is this so???

I have always wanted more customisation of the machine guns to allow for the differences in rate of fire between the MG42 and the American 30 & 50 cal machine guns. Consequently, Asp offers a pair of hi-rate of fire machine guns (MG42 type) and pair of slower rate of fire machine guns (Allied type).

ASP ships with the hi rate machine guns as a default setting. If installing ASP into an Allied tank and you wish to add the sounds of the 50 & 30 Cal guns and have the muzzle flash rates match then you can do the following:

To toggle between Hi Rate and Lo Rate Machine guns:

1. At startup when the headlights are flashing activate the MG1 switch
2. Start tank as you normally would with the ignition switch
3. When you hear the engine startup sound turn off the MG1 switch

This process will TOGGLE between hi and lo flash rates. This setting is kept in Eeprom so you do not need to repeat each time at startup. To change back to hi rate simple repeat the above process.

Video to follow soon....

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Machine Gun Variations
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:07 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Great news phyrephish and good thinking mate 8-) 8-)
I'll be sending a question list soon to you and this was one of the things I was trying to work out for a build I'm doing and you have solved it :D :D

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:45 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Gra - You would know more about 'other boards' than I would. Are there any boards out there that offer different muzzle flash rates for the machine gun?

I've always found this lacking too.

BTW. ASP is now going to have IR too. I found a spot to stick on a MAKO chip. SO not only different flash rates but ASP will also fire Machine Gun IR signal

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:37 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Phyrephish,
I have only used El mod with the Eco board, it dosent have a second mg setup. The Pro board does, not that I have used the 2nd mg or seen it in action, but reading the instructions it has a second MG with own rate of fire and shooting sound, so not sure if both MG's have same or different sound and flash rates.

Sorry not much help :roll:

So with the ASP I can run say the 30 cal and 50 cal at the same time?
I'm building the A7V which has 6 MG's so I was thinking run 3 together with one sound and the next 3 with the other sound??? Will run fibre optic cable to each gunso can have 3 flash at same time.

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:04 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Gra

Unfortunately, Asp will follow every other board with respect to triggering the machine guns. Since the guns all trigger on the same channel only one gun at a time can go off. It is a similar restriction with the sound card - only one weapons sound at a time.

If you wanted true multiple guns you would need the full on Taipan board with a special extra machine gun mod.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:40 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,

I don't know if this is worth the effort to be considered. The idea is taken off of my short experience with IBU3 where the flash input is supposed to be based directly on the sound output.

I found that when a sound clip has a series of shots, at least on the board I had, the sensitivity was too high, not really recognizing the individual shots in the clip and the light output was just steady, no flashing.
But when I took a sound clip of a single 50cal shot and looped it, it was a perfect machine gun fire, with perfect flashing. And that's because each shot had total silence in the beginning and end of the file.

I haven't seen how the flashes relate to sound on ASP, but if you think it's worth it, would this be a viable idea you'd consider as an upgrade?

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:37 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander