[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Juno Sound Board for ASP
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Re: Juno Sound Board for ASP
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:39 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

sounds good. I literally just purchased another asp unit for my taigen kv1. Does the KV1 sounds come on the card or just the T34? Are the sounds pretty much the same or is there a difference?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:08 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Matthew

The sounds for the T-34 and KV-1 are going to be similar. Just as a Tiger and King Tiger are. The Russian voices will be the same - so too the sound tracks and machine guns. The engine and turret rotation sounds will be different. As the KV is a bigger tanks the KV engine has a deeper sound.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:00 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Ok, so just use the T34 sound files when my asp unit comes in for my KV1 then? Or, do you have some KV1 sound files tucked away somewhere?

On that note of asp boards, may i inquire if that has shipped yet? Not sure who to contact on the site about it as i can't find a "contact us" link anywhere . Just let me know if i need to send you a PM with the order number.

Thanks again,

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:02 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Matthew

No there has been a delay with some Asp chips getting here while I was on holidays. The chips should have been here last week. FYI Asp only get finally completed upon ordering. Each Asp is pretty much a custom made and checked unit. Hopefully the chips will be here tomorrow.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:50 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hello:

I see that my items were dispatched a while ago. Is there a tracking number available? If you prefer, going forward i can ask these questions in PM. But not sure whats easier for you

Thanks again,

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:47 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

All is well. My asp unit showed up the very next day after this post lol. Typical

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:31 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Matthew

Good to hear. Please note that the regular Air Mail service if chosen in the shop does not have a tracking number. If anyone requires a tracking number which only ever updates to:

Received
In Transit
Delivered

Then you need to select Express Post International.

On another note there is something going on with the post from the UK to here as I still have not got the chips for Sirvoe and thus have been unable to send your more recent order. Below is the tracking info for that order and as you can see - totally useless
(on it's way)

29/01/16 AM ON ITS WAY TOSYDNEY AUSTRALIA AUSTRALIA
29/01/16 00:52 ARRIVED (MDN) AT HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC
28/01/16 20:57 ON ITS WAY TOHEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC BRISTOL MAIL CENTRE
28/01/16 20:40 ITEM COLLECTED BRISTOL MAIL CENTRE

Used to be a regular 10 day journey from the UK. If they are not here within 48hrs I may try a new source. I will also get onto tweaking a KV-1 sound set and either send you the cards or a link.

I did set as default the Russian sound set on your Asp so you should be hearing a Russian commander talk to you with your new Asp.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:48 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi! Im still preparing all my tanks for your ASP, and Im beginning to make my own battle unit with good results. The juno/mako battle unit plugs are JST PH, 2 pin for the IR emitter and 5 pin for the receiver, and are the same as the tamiya battle apple and ir unit, right?

Do you know where can I buy the plugs for it? I tried with Dupont conectors and seems to be a bit too big.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:25 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Rad

Yes they are JST-PH connectors, Yes they follow the Tamiya style. The pin outs are also clearly labeled on the Asp guides page:
http://rctanksaustralia.com/guides/inde ... _Connector

Ebay is alway the easiest source for cables/plugs. Do a search for:

jst PH 2.0 2-pin
and
jst PH 2.0 5-pin

Just a heads up - the newer releases of the Piranha Battle unit now feature support/connection for the bi-colour LED that has always been made a space for on the top pf the unit. The bi-colour LED is used in tank battles for team identification when using the Friend or Foe feature of the battle system. Also workk is being done on the design of units to fit inside of the tank cupolas. The Abrams unit is already on design #2.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:56 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,
Can you post the exact specs for Juno amp for main speaker output? All I could find is 20W.
I've been using the recommended FRS7 4Ohm speaker, and I've noticed that the sound comes out almost without any bass, and it's also terribly distorted when turned to the loudest setting. This is very apparent when you play music tracks (like from WOT).

I figured maybe my speaker is blown, so I bought another brand new one, and it's the same exact effect.
Then I started looking a the specs, and the FRS7 is rated for only 8W continuous, and 15W peak. So sending 20W in any form is overpowering that speaker, and no wonder the sounds are distorted.
So I'm searching for a better speaker, but I need to know what the Juno amp is putting out exactly:
1) Continuous Watts @ 4 Ohm
2) Peak Watts @ 4 Ohm
3) Continuous Watts @ 8 Ohm
4) Peak Watts @ 8 Ohm

Obviously, 4 Ohm is more optimal, but not as common as 8 Ohm, so if I can't find the correct rating and size in 4 Ohm, I need to search in the 8 Ohm

Thank you

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board