[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - First pics of first production board
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Re: First pics of first production board
 Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:59 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Kevin,

Currently I am not using the IR function altough I want that ability for the future. How does the Hammerhed/Piranha differ from a Taigen or Tamiya IR receiver?

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:31 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

see the wiki for Piranha here

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:20 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin,
I have just placed an order for the Asp Plus package, been following its development with great excitement, cant wait to get my hands on one :)

I have 4 Heng Long tanks all at various stages of metal upgrade

2 x Tiger I (early)
King Tiger II
Leopard 2A6

using a Turnigy 9xr with tanker9x

Just one question I'd like to ask Kevin, on the Asp schematics diagram it points out several usb update ports.... are these for future firmware updates and would I be right in thinking I need a special connection lead.

Keep up the great work
Andy :)

Post Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:11 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hiya Kevin,
New to this forum, but I have been following the Asp development with great excitement.
I have just ordered the Asp Plus , I cannot wait to try it out :)

I currently have 4 tanks all in different states of metal upgrade

2x Tiger I
King Tiger II
Leopard 2A6
Using a Turnigy 9xr with tanker9x

I just have a question , according to the Asp schematic diagram it shows usb upgrade points which I presume is for future firmware upgrades ? ...... Do you supply the required connection cable ?

Keep up the good work
Andy :)

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:38 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Andy

At present Asp is shipping with either a full programming cable OR a programming dongle (you supply the mini USB cable ,you should have a few lying around I'm sure everyone does).

Other than that you can buy a cable here

http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=228

In future it is more likely just the dongle will be provided as I have found them more reliable than the cable PLUS they can ship for free.

Since ASP is both new and there is still some program space on the chip there has been and will be future improvements and the inevitable fixes. Being able to update is important.

Plus I will most likely make some of the ASP code "Open Source" which means you will be able to modify it yourself. The code that rums the machine guns is an example - you will be able to open up the code and precisely set you machine gun flash rates.

The process of updating is really simple the only hard part is getting the FTDI chip on the cable to talk to your computer. YES there will be a video on the process to come. NOTE: There is nothing special about the RCTA cable it uses a standard FTDI interface. The USB serial port drivers are so common Windows will download and install them for your cable automatically. HOWEVER, I can not provide anything but the most basic of advise on these drivers as I am not a Widows expert and I do not know what anyone has on their computer or how it is setup.

If you are unable to get the update process happening DON'T worry at present ALL Asp are shipping with a return to base for a free upgrade service.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:16 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ello :)

Help ...I can't see the ASP Diagram images any more that were on the begining of this post ? ... they have dissappeared off my browser :shock:

panic
Andy lol :D

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:30 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:04 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin,

Oh yeah I remember reading about the Wiki site attack, sorry to hear of it...dont the culprits realise we have several divisions of tanks on this site ready for action lol ...... do hope you get it sorted without much pain mate :)

hey the ASP arrived and works perfectly, over the moon with it :D

Andy :D

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board