[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - First pics of first production board
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: First pics of first production board
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:19 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The wait for ASP is inching nearer to completion. Photos of the first board have finally been sent from the factory. There it is below with some lables.

This unit will be making its way to RCTA HQ in the next few days where it will be checked, fitted with the remaining components and tested.

IF there are no errors the go ahead will be given for production to continue and the first boards for sale will be here in about 7 days.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: First pics of first production board
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:44 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,
Congratulations mate, well done, must be great to seei the board come to fruition :D :D

Couple of quick questions on the ASP
I see extra elevation and turret motor connections,
What's the micro switch do
Is there a connection for Cannon flash LED other than the flash unit

Good work Kevin

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:25 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Graham

Yes the Turret and Elevation connections are repeated- It is so you can immediately replace your RX18 or Taigen MFU without having to rewire the turret or elevation motors. Instant plug and play. When time permits you can go in and rewire the Turret and elevation motors to the individual outs. You don't have to do the turret as it is ALWAYS proportional even on the old 8-pin connector BUT to get proportional elevation you need to rewire the elevation motor.

The microswitch is the connection for the microswitch on the back of current Heng Long/Taigen airsoft and recoil units. It is primarily for Airsoft users as it times the cannon fire sound with the release of the BB.

RE: the Cannon flash/LED - see here:

Apply reverse logic :

To use the flash connect to all 3 pins V0, V+ and Signal V+
To use a LED connect to V0 and Signal V+

Flash or LED and be used on the Flash port. Further, You can get a LED flash from the Recoil Sirvoe board or from the MAKO on the underside of the JUNO board.

Note you can use the FLAK Sirvoe board to provide dual LED flash and dual recoil actions for Flakpanzers.

FURTHER: If anyone wants to know about Servo control for elevation or traverse then this is easily done. Since the weapons are on a separate channel one can connect using 'y' cables Sirvoe units on channels 3 & 4 as needed.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:56 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Kevin,

In the past you were concerned with using the Asp in heavy metal tanks. Is that still a concern?

John

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:03 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI John

No absolutely not. That was a reason for delay in production. STI released the same 30A drivers as found of Taipan and EL Mod in a much smaller package. So the old design with a different driver was replaced and the new smaller 30A drivers used instead. The two chips behind the Motor outputs.

So this design allows for 10x the available amperage per motor over the initial prototype. Plenty of power - question is now on your motor choice and ability of your drive train.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:42 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Kevin,

Just ordered one....lol Let us know when it is available.

Thank You

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:12 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI John

Yeah I just saw that.... When the real price is up I will let you know. The good news is that I got word from the factory that the run has been done and the boards have been shipped. They will arrive here on Monday. I will need a few days then to put on the parts I need to put on and tidy up the software.

I have not had much time recently to work on sound sets - the T-34 set is the most advanced and I want to release with at least the T-34 and Tiger sets. Note: Users are encouraged to make up their OWN sound sets but if you don't want to do that then you will be able to download them from here (RCTA forum) as I make them and then just copy the set to your SD cards.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:07 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,
I can't wait!! Very excited bout the unit. I ordered one and it's already in my cart.
Very eager to install it in my Tiger 1 tank!

Cheers
Hajime

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:07 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

OK Hajime and John, If you can tell me what tanks you want to put Asp into I'll work on finishing those sound sets as a priority. A Tiger is pretty easy as it the old set is done it would just be a matter of adding in the newer sounds.

Do you guys have a 9X or Taranis and are you running tankER9X or OpenTX? I will not have the time/resources at the moment to help with any other radio. There will be a template/eepe file that will setup your radio instantly to control Asp. With everyone on the "same page" it will be much easier to help if help is needed.

Yes it has been a long wait but: The boards ARE in BRISVEGAS

Saturday, May 09, 2015 Location Time Piece
7 Customs status updated BRISBANE - AUSTRALIA 05:43

That means they will be on my doorstep Monday as expected.
Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:18 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Kevin,

I have a Tiger with a Taranis.

Thanks,

John

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board