[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Asp - Setup and Switch Operation for the 9XR Pro
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Asp - Setup and Switch Operation for the 9XR Pro
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:57 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Below is a video showing the switch assignment of the 9XR Pro to all of the functions available on Asp. PLEASE NOTE: The radio below has had the 3-position switch upgrade applied to the ELE, AIL and RUD switches. It is unfortunate that this upgrade is not done in the factory.

The settings used above are contained in the eePe Sky model file below
ASP01_9XRPro.zip
Download and unzip the file: ASP01_9XRPro.eepm
You may then upload the model file to any spare slot on your radio.

NOTE2: As the video went so long I did not run through switching off the engine or shutdown. To switch off the engine only a quick toggle of CH5 +100% (long 3 -pos switch Up and back to middle). Repeat to turn engine on again. To shutdown with a complete restart hold CH5 +100% for about 1 second (long 3 -pos switch Up wait 1 sec then back to middle).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Asp - Setup and Switch Operation for the 9XR Pro
 Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:08 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,
Good video mate.
Question; I have the older 9X radio, when you showed in this video the servo on channel 8 for elevation can it be changed to the turret traverse instead of elevation???

Thought I'd put a servo on the cannon traverse as I'm running out of room for the normal HL unit.

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:03 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Gra

Yes of course you can change it (with er9x it is not a question of can but more of how)

All you need to do is change the two references to the GUN channel (CH3) in the mix to the TUR channel (CH4).

You change Switch 1 in the Custom Switches Setup from

S1 |v|>ofs GUN 1
to
S1 |v|>ofs TUR 1

and the MIXER menu change
CH16 60 GUN
to
CH16 60 TUR

With an 8 channel setup it is either or if you have more than 8 channels eg with the FRSky modules then you can have all 4 types; motor and/or servo for gun, motor and/or servo for turret

Spent yesterday doing your A7V sound set BTW
One thing though - there still is only 1 mg at a time - that is just the way it is - since the sound option is only duophonic. May be able to do a custom sound and program to trigger a set sequence of maybe two guns firing at once. But this would be a programmed action - trigger it - guns will fire and turn off by themselves

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:39 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Kevin, that's good so will possibly use servo for the traverse depending on how much room I have.

I'm not worried about having both mg sounds going at once, just one mg sound going at a time is plenty.

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:19 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hello everyone! Hope all is well. Just wanted to know if there any updates for the 9XR Pro? The eePe file is crashing eePskye.

Last edited by babristow on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:15 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ok, so still didn't work in eePskye, but I found the manual setup and programmed it in. I don't have the three position switches, so what do I need to change? Also, mine seems to be lagging a little on the controls. Did I do something wrong?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:32 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Bryan
Yes there is an update for eepskye for the new Turnigy Xtreme board. But this should not affect the ASp .eepe file as it was made with the previous version. Please make sure that you are using the .eepe file for the 9XR Pro and you are using eepskye. Every single 9X update that goes out from here is programed with files on the forum.

As for the "lagging" you may either be refering to the momentum feature after all a tank of a couple of tonnes doesn't respond instantly. Your choice whether to have momentum or not. Momentum is controlled by the "Speed Up and Speed Down" values in the mix for channel 2 (Throttle/Motor). The available mixes have momentum on - go to the mix for CH2 and set lower or to zero.

The other thing that users may count as lagging is the gun fire. If you are using IR then make sure that you switch the IR selector UP. In IR mode the gun fires right away. In airsoft mode there is a delay as the airsoft motor winds up before the gun is fired. If you don't have an airsoft motor connected then there is no signal to fire however the program waits for 1.5 second to receive a signal. If none the gun is fired anyway.

In general Asp is designed for control of armoured vehicles which don't handle like race cars. the controls reflect this

cheers
kg

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:33 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Kevin,

Thank you for the quick reply! I checked again that I was using the Pro .eepe file and also eePskye. Maybe it's just my computer. EePe was updated yesterday and eePskye didn't have any updates that I saw. Maybe it took care of both with the one download. All is well though, I entered it manually for the model and worked great! Now just to play with eepe a little and learn more about it. I really appreciate your help!

The momentum feature is neat. The only reason I was wondering was because it was just different from what I am used to. I'll mess with it and see what works best with the FPV set up.

I have to say, it's an incredibly impressive setup! thank you for everything so far!

Bryan

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board