[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Asp - Setup and Switch Operation for the 9X and 9XR
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board

Post subject: Asp - Setup and Switch Operation for the 9X and 9XR
 Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:57 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

A video showing the switch setup for Asp using the 9X radio.

The eePe model file fo rthis setup will be posted shortly.

ASP01_9X.zip

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Asp - Setup and Switch Operation for the 9X and 9XR
 Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:53 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Great videos Kevin, all makes sense now :roll:
The left stick won't action the cannon or mg sounds now just from the switches??

Many thanks
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:14 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yes Graham - moving the weapons off channel 3 allows for multiple weapons choices and eliminates a few issues with using a servo for elevation.
Shouldn't be a big issue ergonomically as your index fingers are going to be resting on the weapons switches anyway.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:24 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Kevin

I received my asp system on Friday and what a great job it is too.
Its just me being thick I suspect but when I installed the template download on my 9xr it wiped out all the other templates on reinstalling them they wipe out the asp one. :?: What am I doing wrong please.

Best Regards

John :bamboozeld:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:20 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi John

You need to understand the difference in the eepe files. You are uploading to your radio the entire setups (.eepe files) and NOT just the individual ASP model settings (.eepm files). I think the other John is having the same issue.

If you have your radio setup with other tanks on it you ONLY want to upload the ASP01 eepm file (the model file) and you upload that to a SPARE slot on your radio.

What you need to do is this:
Connect everything up launch eepe.
Clearly you have backed up your radio (good job) so either open you current back up file or re-download your radio settings.

Now unless you have 16 tanks all setup on your radio you will have some spare/blank slots in the eepe document widow that will open up. Click on the first available spare slot.

Then
File -> Load Model/Settings
Above the Open button make sure that EEPE MODEL Files (*.eepm) are selected
Open ASP01_9X.eepm
and bang O all the settings will be there in the model slot you have selected.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:59 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Kevin

That worked a treat.
At least I was right about one thing, I am thick. :loveit:

Best Regards

John

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:13 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Good to hear you have that part sorted.

Now for the update process: There is a big update coming for Asp. All 3 chips on the main board will need updating and there is a sound set update as well with 180 sounds between the 2 boards.

Email me when you are ready

CHeers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:49 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I've seen your ASP videos on youtube and your board looks very good and the price is good as well. But now that I see that you are updating the software, there are only two things that I would change.

I've seen that there is a brake light that lights when you reduce speed. But does that light when you run straight? I mean, when you turn the lights on, the back light lights about with a 50 or 60% of power and when you brake it lights with a 100% That would be perfect for me.

And the other thing is the custom sounds-music. I dont like that they play randomly, I'd be more happy to be able to play the one that I want. Or at least to be able to choose between 3 or four custom sounds from one of the cards. That would be possible? Maybe with that free pot on the radio?

Thanks and sorry about my english!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:48 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Rad

Bear in mind Asp is the little brother of Taipan and some of the functions operate in different ways. The reverse light is an example - it is a reverse not brake light it comes on when ONE of the motors goes into reverse. It is done this way so as to free up a controller pin. Asp uses a 28 pin controller and Taipan a 40 pin so only really important functions get a pin. There is no way to control the reverse light on Asp as it is not connected to any type of programmable control.

As for your custom music question suppose I have a bag with 4 fruits in it
1x apple
1x pear
1x banana
1 x peach
If I reach into the bag I would randomly pick out a fruit it could be a banana or an apple

BUT

if I put 4 x apples into the bag - I will ONLY pick out an apple.

So if you only want 1 particular sound copy that to the 4 files numbers for that switch.
If you only want one of 2 sounds copy one sound to slot 1 and 2 and the other sound to 3 and 4.
Now some switches will play a different sound under different conditions. Take User sound 1 for example it plays one set four if the motor is in neutral with the sound selection pot fully clockwise and another set of four with the pot counter-clockwise. With the tank in motion it will play and one set of four with the pot fully clockwise and another set of four with the pot counter-clockwise. So the function you ask for already exists on Asp. Also bear in mind that there are 3 other sound switches.

There are 24 yep 24 different possible user sounds available on the sound switches. Since they are in banks of 4 if you ONLY want 1 sound to play it gives you 6 available sounds.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:06 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thats a good Idea! Everything is clear now, thanks. :)

Board index » Electronics » ASP Control Board