[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - I'm building an electronic hybrid of my Panther
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Panther and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: I'm building an electronic hybrid of my Panther
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:23 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Hello,

I am always being asked about it brushless drives to be combined with standard electronics and I still have my first tank, I have a Tamiya Panther is broken anyway, I'll try it. In addition I have installed upstream of helical gear unit with brushless motors and a flywheel, and to leave the Tamiya electronics for all other functions. In addition, I would like to control Tamiya to remote controlled and can switch off to turn on and off the engine sound with it.

This is the output bassis.

And I'll gear this signature with the corresponding controls. The flywheels are still missing.

But first I have to disassemble the tank and rebuild the broken suspension anyway. In a swing arm a tab is broken off.

Since I did not want to wait for a replacement part, I fix the broken arm easy. I stretch it to the lathe, teach him and impale him with a 3mm drill bit.

Then I still had a small brass sleeve make the flaps were replaced and then glue a 3mm silver steel.

He must now harden before I can clean them and install it, but another time

Post subject: Re: I'm building an electronic hybrid of my Panther
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Edwin
Thanks for your great posts and I really like your work. I have always had an option for our RCTA tank control boards to be able to control brushless motors using dual ESCs. There is also a template on the tankER9X firmware that set up the radio for dual esc operation.

Can't wait to see more of your work

Cheers
Kevin G

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:43 pm 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin,

I've seen that your used electronics unknown for us in Europe. I will concern myself with it in more detail in the course of time and I think it could be very much interesting.
Also with us entseht since an ever wider range and I am still of the opinion that an exchange of ideas and experiences for all is good and I do not mean just the electronics.

regards Edwin

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:46 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Today, the first suspension is even finished.

I have already Some of what I need already made ​​a series of other small parts with, so this is now completely fixed by hand.

The spoons for swing axles are on my router also made ​​quickly and so that they also guaranteed play fit into the slots of the swing arms and then nothing wobbles.

The Mintnehmer with the spoons I turn because Tamiya uses a slightly strange dimension of 5.5 mm for the holes. Later I then but still turned over the entire length.

I can solder the driver with 3mm silver steel rods.

So I could install the axles and swing arms into the tub. Springs and collars were also already available.

As a lever of the springs in the tub I use 10 x 10mm aluminum angle.

After I installed this and the suspension was approximately presets, I now have a very smooth and Sensitive drive that works much better than the old, and is also adjustable.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Edwin

Yes your precision European engineering matched with our custom electronics could be a match made in heaven :)

Cheers
KG

Post Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Thank You Kevin..... :P

Somehow I do this week to nothing but the Panthers I want to go to Saturday in Dernbach.

Therefore, today was the gearbox fitted to the series.

Since I want to flanges and inertias to the engines but I can not install this in the usual way, because I need some more space under the engine for this. So I build a slanted transmission pad and these three aluminum parts for the Bassi.

First I milled the wedge-shaped supports.

So I can install them are still necessary cutouts for the axes.

The support plate is then glued and screwed. Here I bring just to the holes for bolting.

The holes for the mounting in the tub I drill through the entire bracket. So it is easy to place them behind in the pan.

The flywheels I had finished they were lying there and quickly installed. Also the gearbox were then installed quickly, even if I have to cheat a little bit and move it slightly to the old position. In addition I have some polished the old hole.

Recently I have put two large ball bearing axle support as this and glued with epoxy to the kneading trough.

Morning then och shortened the axles fit and I can slowly begin the installation of the electronics.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

And on it goes.

the sprockets were then soon adapted and adjusted the suspension.

Next, I dealt with the speaker, because a small adjustment was necessary to be able to install this again.
On the underside of a piece of cut and had to be re-sealed.

Then we can get started with the electronics. First I set the brushless motor and tested with the drive.

It runs quite well except for the rumble of a transmission and I will also leave. There is simply one of the gears a little too loose. In operation, the Panthers will then be somewhat slower because I have done the test drive with 8 cells. Later there will be only sixth

Then I started to connect the Tamiya electronics with the brushless motor. I was able to see when you first turn it would work. I just have to find the right assignment of functions to each other. The engine sound is there, where he works wonderfully suitable for driving.
What I also again have to change maybe the receiver power supply. Currently it makes the Taniya electronics, but I can not the sound on and off with the transmitter. So some work is pending, but it looks good.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:14 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

And off we went to the Panthers.

Since I want to start the engine using the remote control I built a simple switch from a low power and a button. Since the engines are no longer controlled by the electronics Tamiya enough this button with its switching capacity from perfect.

I have built in the same place the new one-switch on which he already was before, but the brushless motor due to a stronger one.

And so the Panthers now looks inside ..... what a lot of cable .....

The coordination between the regulators and the Tamiya Brushless electronics I have also done it to 90%. Only for right-handers, the motor will not sound like me, but I will still get through. What does not work is the excess flash and the MG LED, for whatever reason. But this has nothing to do with my conversion.
But since I have sooo much to do must last for the first Dernbach. That it is possible I have proven ...... :oops:

And of course I also tested it in the garden ... :mrgreen:

Board index » German Panzers » Panther and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds