[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Looking for hard copy instructions for Asp installation
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion

Post subject: Looking for hard copy instructions for Asp installation
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:40 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone has any diagrams for the Asp, just general wiring type stuff showing plugs and what they're for and any kind of written installation instructions for the Asp. You know, real gomer type instructions that an old hippie can understand, "insert tab A into slot B" kinda stuff. This is my first time with the Asp but I've installed other hobby grade boards and managed to get the job done (electronics are definitely not my strong suit) but with the other boards I had instructions I could print out and lay on the bench for reference. I've searched high and low for hard copy instructions for Asp with no joy so I thought I'd give this forum a shot. I think I've got most of it figured out and the intro video showed receiver hook up and from studying the video I deduced where the smoke machine plugs in, saw Kevin plug in the speaker and the power goes in the red male jst plug with the motors right next to it, but they're not labeled left and right. I know I could experiment and figure it out but I hate doing that since it's led to the escape of the magic smoke in the past. I know I can email Kevin but he's got as lot on his plate so I'm trying to figure all this out without having to bug him too much. Any help would be appreciated. I'm in Detroit in the US so I'll check back when it's tomorrow for me, but I think in Australia that's about a week from now. Just kidding, eastern Australia is 14 hours ahead of me. I'm installing the Asp in an Imex/Taigen Tiger One early.

Post subject: Re: Looking for hard copy instructions for Asp installation
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:22 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The original wiki site got attacked by bots the "under construction" guides are now here

Also you an also turn the board over everything is labelled underneath

Smoke - Smoke unit
SSw - Smoke Switch
MSw - Microswith input for airsoft
MG2 - MachineGun2
Aux - Aux light

By convention Square and rectangular pads are positive whereas round or oval pads are negative.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:09 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

PERFECT!!! That's exactly what I was looking for, so thank you VERY much. This is the first time I've posted a thread on this forum but with results like this I think I may visit more often. I guess the main thing that's kept me from spending more time here is the distance, but I guess that doesn't matter. Thanks again for the help.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:17 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi max, welcome to RCTA forum, (Kevin's home :D ) you have come to the right place for all the info on the ASP, you probably have seen the ASP section if not here's the link

viewforum.php?f=164

It's in the Electronics section scroll down the main page has all info on ASP and other RCTA boards and the Turnigy TX as well.
I've just got the ASP as well so new to me too so I spend a lot of time here the vids are very handy

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:27 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Gra, and no, I hadn't seen those threads so thanks very much. I just kind of skimmed them but I can already see I'll be going back later to review. I have been watching a lot of videos at the RCTA youtube channel, though, and almost all my tanks have komodo boards in them. I've got the lower hull up and running with the Asp and so far it's great. Hopefully I'll get the turret rewired tomorrow and play with that a bit. I have lots to learn about programming radios but Kevin set mine up so that's made it a lot easier for me. Just so much to do and so little time. I really want to finish reading up on the new Cannon T5 camera I just got and if I can get that accomplished I want to use it for videos the first time I take the Asp out to the tank village I've built in my backyard. To me taking photos and videos of my tanks is almost as much fun as building and driving them.

I think one thing that will be interesting about this forum is that for everyone in Australia it's Sunday morning as I write this, but for me it's still Saturday night. I don't know why I think that's so cool. Too bad it won't work for you guys to send me tommorow's winning lottery numbers. :)

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion