[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - No green light on RC5HL board
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion

Post subject: No green light on RC5HL board
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:42 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi i could not find it on here and i hope i can explain this properly but here goes:
OK have a heng long tiger tank with a 9x 2.4ghz transmitter and 9x receiver to a RC5HL (new one)so they change the frequency over from 24mhz to GHz,
The power light comes on however the green light does not come on, i have properly bind the Tx to the RX i have watched where 13245 pins go in to the rc5hl
I am at a loss
i know the green LED needs to come on so i can then start it, the red LED and Blue LEDs come on and such so what next.
the setup is on to a bog standard heng long rx18 board

HELP!!!

Post subject: Re: No green light on RC5HL board
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:55 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi There

Sorry to hear you are having troubles. You do not say in your post what firmware you are running on the 9X. Are you running ER9X/tankER9X or are you running the factory firmware?

The green LED on the RC5HL will only come on if it detects valid signals from ALL 5 channels from your receiver. Although you may have bound the receiver correctly have you checked using a servo for example that you are infact sending out signals on ALL 5 channels.

If using the factory firmware setting up a new model may I think default to a 4 channel mix and unless you have told your radio to do so - nothing will be output on CH5 and hence the LED will not come on. You would need to setup a 5 channel mix. Then verify that you are sending out on all 5 channels.

If using tanker9X setup is simple
1. In Radio Mode set your channel order to RTEA
2. Change stick mode to Mode 3 (throttle on right)
3. Create a new model
4. Go to templates and select the RC5HL template

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:17 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Thanks for that

so I would have to say it is on stock firmware, i bought it brand new

how can I set up a 5 channel mix?

as it is stock firmware do you set it up via the aux display,
then change channel 5 from null to gear for example and then look at display to check it works and then turn the tank on?

this is what i have tried and so far no success

(I jumped in to the deep end with this one)

Thanks Seb

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:06 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ok i Just got it working :)
The green light is on and sorted

Time to play with my tank

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion