[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Where to 3D print?
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion

Post subject: Where to 3D print?
 Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:02 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi! Im beginning to learn some 3D desing for creating some bits for our tanks, but dont know where to print it. I dont want to buy a 3D printer yet, so, guys, where do you print your goods?

Im beginning to desing some plastic boxes for the ASP and a searchlight for my Sherman.

Post subject: Re: Where to 3D print?
 Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:24 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Rad

There is a site called 3d Hubs

https://www.3dhubs.com/

It is kind of like Uber for 3D printers. I was lucky that I hooked up with a really good operator here in Brisbane and now I only use him. Hopefully you can find someone good locally.

Note: 3D printing isn't quite capable of printing anything good enough to use externally. At least one surface will always have very fine lines - as fine as the resolution of the printer. Asp cases would be perfect. I have limited 3d design skills so I have not attempted that yet.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:10 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks for the link, I will put an eye on it as soon as I arrive home.

About designing, I had no idea where to start but a friend told me this web: https://www.tinkercad.com/

Even a blind monkey with no hands is able to design a world marvel in no time. It is unvelievable easy and fast. If you desing an ASP enclosure share with us!

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:13 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Rad,

Your friend was dead right - This no handed blind monkey was able to whip this up this afternoon.

Asp2Case.jpg

asp2_case.stl

This is designed for the Asp2 board but will also fit the smaller Asp board. I have made holes in the sides to allow for airflow around the voltage regulator and the motor controller ICs. There are also cut outs to allow for cables going to the smoke expansion and turret expansion ports.

Thanks for the TInkerCad heads up

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:58 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

On a roll....

Here are some long awaited tops for Piranha.

2016-06-01 (4).png

2016-06-01 (5).png

2016-06-01 (3).png

2016-06-01 (1).png

2016-06-01 (2).png

I'll print these first to make sure that they fit before I make the .stl file available.

Cheers
KG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:04 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Wow, you did a great job. I wil print for sure a couple of those enclosures you designed.

Thanks!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:24 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Here is something that I've wanted to do for a very long time. Although it is not that hard to mod an existing recoil or airsoft unit to servo recoil there has always been some things I longed for to make the job easier. So I've come up with this prototype to make conversion of the Pz III elevation unit a thing of the past. I hope it 3D prints OK.

Elevation Unit_sm.jpg

2016-06-04 (12).png

2016-06-04 (10).png

2016-06-04 (11).png

Should make things quick and easy with servo supports already in place.

Like with the designs above once printed and OK'd I'll make the stl files freely available here on the forum

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:35 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Kev, the asp2 case won't be included with the pre-ordered asp2, right? Just wanted to make sure, cause I have to go out and print it out now that you gave us the model. I'd need to protect the electronics somehow anyway, cause I got an aluminum frame in my bulldog.
Thanks

HL M41 Bulldog
Torro Late Tiger I
Taigen KV-1

Wish List:
Torro KingTiger
Panther F or G
Taigen T34-85
Super Pershing

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:49 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Peter

The 3D cases are/have always been a maybe. However it is looking more like a no as there is considerable shrinking of the abs prints. This is why no more stl's have been posted. What has been printed does not fit. If the prototypes fitted they would have been given away.

Best that one prints themselves and is able to adjust the scaling based on their individual printer and what materials they use.

I have scaled up the designs and getting them re-printed and if the new prints fit I will be able to give an idea of what scaling needs to be done to compensate for any shrinkage.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:08 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Oh, the idea of making a case came to me because Im using metal hulls in all of my tanks too, so for me it is a must, I need to do something.

I had no idea that when you print something it comes smaller, so that is a big problem for people like me that we dont have a 3d printer at home to keep printing until we got the right size...

So hope you could print it for us. I can pay for it, I preffer to pay a few bucks for a case than buying another board because I short circuited it.

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion