[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Wish list for RC Tanks Australia.
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion

Post subject: Wish list for RC Tanks Australia.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:20 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well, due to Rc tanks Australia keeps making tons of gadgejts and they are the only that actually ask, listens and answers about what do we want, I think it might be a good idea to open a thread of what we would like to have and how many units of them we want.

Is not about pressing Kevin and asking him to do this or that and wanting him to make it now, it can take years or never see the light, but it might give him some ideas.

So I start:

I would like to buy something like the old Octopus board for model switching, and Im interested in buying three, maybe four of them.

I also would like to have a small boards for small tanks. Basic functions are enough, but I would like to be able to change the sounds. I think there is no board like that. I want one.

And what else do you want, guys?

Post subject: Re: Wish list for RC Tanks Australia.
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:02 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

rc5hl and the dragon, not everyone wants the expensive boards ( there's a few of those around ) but would like to use a 2.4g radio, and there's still a lot of the older tanks out there without the airsoft micro switch.

best regards John.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:06 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

@ John
The Dragon = Komodo = ATRC 2016. So there still is the cheap anti-recoil unit. It is sold out at present but there is a production order in motion for 100 units.

The circuit had to change to keep pace with the changes by Heng Long and Taigen. So look for ATRC_2016 rather than Dragon

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:28 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

@RAD

Octopus functionality is possible with ASP. HOWEVER, it would most likely have to come at the cost of losing the 4 & 6 Channel support. AND one would have to really know how to use their radio.

Octopus concept is simple but you need a programmable radio as it is the radio which assigns the "model number". It would work by assigning an offset on CH5 for each tank. For example:
On the radio you set
Tank 1 = Offset of -20
Tank 2 = Offset of -10
Tank 3 = Offset of 10
Tank 4 = Offset of 20

NOTE you can NOT use 0 which would be exact neutral of 150us

Using OPenLog you can add a "model number" which ASp would then determine to to be the offset and assign it to that tank. 4 I think reasonable, 6 possible - more ridiculous

So you know that flashing headlight that you hate :) Well when you turn on the 4 tanks and the radio. Depending on what model on radio selected will determine what offset is being
output as default. Only the tank with the matching offset will start blinking the headlight and hence can be turned on.

But as I said this would have to be a firmware choice that one would upload to ASp and in the knowledge that it is at the expense of other options.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:46 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

So, with ASP 2 and the Openlog we can have model matching but we lose channel 4 and 6 functions?. I preffer to have a full working ASP than the model matching, so if the Octopus board can work without missing ASP functions, that would be the way to go for me.

Also I would like to use it with my RC5HL too.

So hope more people is interested on it and you bring it back to us some day. ;)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:36 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

NO you don't lose CH4 and CH6 functions - that would then be pointless then

What you lose is the ability to operate ASP on ONLY 4 channels and possibly 6 channel operation.

Remember you can run Asp by only connecting the first 4 channels. Clearly if you have to have CH5 for model matching you HAVE to use 5 channels minimum. So there is no need for the 4 channel operation program and that space can then be used for the model matching code.

Sorry if that was not clear. My point was that model matching for ASp can be done right now and would only involve a firmware update. No more $$ to spend and no extra board required. No loss of any actual tank functions but you must run on 7 channel operation.

I'm not against re-doing an Octopus type board for any other units. Could be used for RC5HL, EL Mod, IBU , Clark anything really as no one else does such a unit.

To do it (or any other wish list item) I would need a minimum of 10 confirmed orders.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:10 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Its clear now. I dont think it would be too difficult to get 10 people for the gadjet wishlist, but I will wait lets say half a year or so before I start recruiting people for the cause. I can imagine you are very busy with your ASP release and support and of course you need to live.

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion