[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Brief April 2012 Update
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion

Post subject: Brief April 2012 Update
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:11 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI ALL

Just a very brief update on a few projects for those following them.

RC2HL: Not good news here at all. First the chips took a while to arrive and I did not get them till yesterday. Unfortunately, the chip install has not gone well and the RC2HL and the Turnigy 9X appear to not like each other. I'd rather get this 100% fixed first before the boards are up for sale.

CHIMAERA: Feedback on the MAKO indicated that people wanted battle damage/speed reduction as part of the system. There appeared no point releasing Chimaera if the board was going to get the same feedback. Consequently, the MAMBA board has come into being and assumed top priority for development. Any release of Chimaera will incorporate MAMBA circuitry and allow for speed reduction.

MAMBA: The original MAKO concept was simply to have fun tank battles and not to get hung up on rules. Regardless, there was a call for battle damage in the form of speed reduction to be a part of the system. To keep true to the MAKO concept this extra function can be added by interfacing with the new MAMBA board. Making the MAMBA an option allows the MAKO to remain at a low cost. MAMBA development is still on track for release within 8 weeks.

MAKO: Saving the best for last. The MAKO goes from strength to strength. Latest improvements include the ability to battle WSN tanks and a Medium/Heavy tank programming option. Hit indicating LED support is now standard along with interfaces for ATRC and MAMBA boards.

Updates: All MBRCTC members with older style MAKO boards are able to swap to the new boards at very special club prices. After all we are the best Tank Club in the world and we should have the best product available. :D The same applies to RCTA forum members. If you have an olderstyle MAKO board and would like the newer version contact us to arrange a special deal.

Happy Easter Everyone
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Brief April 2012 Update
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi Kevin,

I know if anyone can make the RC2HL work it's you mate. Without people like yourself constantly striving for better and more user friendly electronics our hobby would never progress or be what it is today. Keep up the great work :)

Ace

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Ace

Thanks for that but the RC2HL isn't mine. I'm making them 'under license' of sorts. The original design and programming was/is done by Helge Karkoska. The unit is tried and tested and has previously been available for sale. I've tried to streamline the board layout but there is a hitch somewhere. Just need to figure out where. Helge deserves all the credit for the board. I've taken his working design and tried to 'fix it'. AND as we all know 'IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT' :oops:

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:20 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Kev,

You'll get there mate ;) and i will be buying it :D It's a great concept and a credit to both of you,and you for trying to improve it. After all we'd all still be riding horses or walking if somebody hadn't invented the bike or car :D Your doing great and if i can help in any way at all just shout me.

Ace

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:25 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Update on the Update:

The RC2HL issue has been sorted out thanks to Helge :D

As usual it was something silly. Stupid me was using some cheap LEDs I got from China off eBay on the prototypes. These LEDs were 'sucking' all of the signal away from the RX18.

I have replaced the LED and everything works as it should.

Thanks Ace. Your RC2HL board will be in the post tomorrow.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:11 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

I knew you boys would sort it, can't wait :!: top job :) PM me Kevin and I'll sort out the readies.

Ace

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion