[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - New Boards
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion

Post subject: Re: New Boards
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:12 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Holidays/business trip - stopped in to see Rhys (aka Mats) just outside of Gosford today and tomorrow I'm off to see Graham (aka Gra) in beautiful Bungendore.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:15 pm 
Panther Commander
Panther Commander

Hope the weather is better there, rained all day & still raining. :cry:

Taigen Tiger 1, Panzer III
Torro T35/85.* WSM T35/85
Hooban Elefant
Mattarro Jagdtiger
HL 1/30 M4 & M26
VS King Tiger, Leo

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:45 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Craig

No not pushy at all and exactly why the forum is set up. Need more people to post exactly like you have done.

I also was against friend or foe for the same reasons as you. In real battle you need to be careful where you shoot and the same should apply to IR battle. However, my Italian friends changed my mind and if you want to incorporate the tactic of long range artillery unit to the battlefield, friend or foe would be needed. Friend or foe would ONLY be incorporated for gun emplacements or for the big tank killers, Hummel, Maus, Elefant, Jagdtiger. Normal battle tanks should not have friend or foe.

The two shot will be added to the MAKO ability I just need Reaper to bring his Tamiya tank down to my place so I can analyse the signal. You would think some lovely person would post the details of the signal on the net but I can find it.

Also the sooner people realise that the Tamiya battle system is old outdated and should be consigned to the pages of history the better. I do not need a 100% compatible Tamiya system because I am only going to have my tanks battle the other tanks at MY club. I only need what my club needs. I don't understand what the hang up with this is. My tanks are not going to battle tanks on another continent. Even if they did there are better systems in place to account for incompatibility.

The best way to do this (and I think the best way to set up IR battle) is for each club to assign a value to a particular setup. This idea is also from my Italian friends. So you assign each tank type a value and make up teams with equal total values SIMPLE.

For example here are two teams that are 'matched'

Team A

2 x Tamiya Tiger (Heavy) - 10 points each - 20 points
1 x HL Tiger (Heavy) - 15 points - 15 points
3 x HL Pz III (Med) - 8 points each - 24 points
2 x Bergepanzer (Light) - 10 points each - 20 points

Team A TOTAL = 79 points

Team B
4 x Tamiya Tiger (Heavy) - 10 points each - 40 points
3 x Tamiya PzIV (Med) - 5 points each - 15 points
1 x Bergepanzer (Heavy) - 25 points - 25 points

Team B TOTAL = 80 points

As you can see with a system in place as above. Anyone can be included in battle and you then have the added strategy of making up your team. It also allows for new features to be added to the IR battlefield easily. This to me is far more an exciting battle plan than having boring old Tamiyas plodding round the battlefield at quater speed.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:32 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Can I just check to see if I have got this right. Starting with my older HL boards, if I add the "flash"+ the HL ir led and your new mounting with the 4 LEDs add the "mako" + "atrc"+ "mamba" also a HL mushroom I will be able to do battle with my Tamiya and WSN tanks and without the HL jumping all over the place?
Sorry for all of the questions but after being away from this fine hobby for some time it is taking me some time to get my head around all the new options.

My goal is
:First: reduce the jumping around of my HL tanks when firing or getting shot.
(it will kill the gear boxes)
:Second: to be able to do battle with HL Tamiya WSN with any of my tanks.

:third: one day to be able to have all of my stuff sound different from each other.

Only half of my fleet is currently fitted out for Battles, most with RX 18 and matching HL IR gear the other 9 or so have the old RX 13 or 14.

What do I need to get me started?
Cheers Chris (oztruck)

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:12 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi oztruck

Great to see you here. So many questions I think I'll have to PM you. Spend Sunday afternoon with 'diverfrost' getting some of his tanks in order. So sorry for the delay in reply.

First up for any Heng Long that you want to have IR battle with you will need a RX18 board.

Second for each tank you will need a MAKO board. If you don't have the HL IR system in the tank you will then need an IR LED and a Heng Long sensor mushroom. I can supply a wire harness to make connection of these two easy. My sensor towers are not ready for the open market as yet, give me a month as they are in the next production run of PCBs.

To stop the track recoil and shuddering you need either a ATRC or MAMBA. MAMBA is not ready and it will be the most expensive board I make. So I suggest getting the MAKO/ATRC combo deal from the web store.

The MAKO/ATRC combination will fulfil your first two goals in an instant.

As for sound - It is my next major project after MAMBA. BUT it will involve moving up to 2.4 gHZ.

Feel free to PM me for more info.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:11 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Kevin, don't seem to be able to PM yet, oh well.
Looks like I will have to up grade ALL of my fleet to RX 18 and add your package deal to get them all on a level playing field (so to speak)

Interested in converting them to be able to use Hobby Quality radios also.
At the moment I use 2.4 for my surface boats but for my submarines I use a 6 channel radio like the ones you can supply BUT mine is 35MHz. The lower the MHz the better it penetrates the water and on one else uses 35. Do you know if this radio (35MHz) will work with your system? Hope so, they are good cheap 6 channel radio.

You are probably asking why use that type when 2.4 is better.
I like using crystals, that way when driving tanks off the landing craft I just swap crystals for the tanks. This way I only have to juggle 2 radios when dropping off or picking up. 1 for the landing craft(2.4) the other radio (HL TX) for the 3 tanks. it works with the HL TX so it should work with the hobby grade. What are your thoughts?.

Excited about what is available and the amount of tankers out there and looking forward to getting back into it.

cheers Chris

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Sorry Chris

I should of bumped your membership status up right away so you have full member rights without having to post 3 times first.

Ooh research.... 35mHZ vs 2.4 too early in the morning. I'll have a think and get back to you.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:48 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Any idea when there will be stock available, the 2 I need are sold out.
Cheers Chris.

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion