[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - need help
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion

Post subject: need help
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:35 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

hey guys, i bought my brother a heng long tank for xmas, and were having trouble getting it going

plug it all in, turn it on and the light at the front flashes although we got it to start once, but it doesnt move, its like signal isnt getting through, i had some old crystals here, and we matched them up exactly (the model i got was from ebay, it was a display model and the crystals were slightly different) so we matched some up and still its a no go

any ideas as to what i should be looking at? is it worth going 2.4ghz, i am familiar with 2.4ghz and brushless stuff but not brushed and crystals :roll:

merry xmas to all who read :D

Post subject: Re: need help
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:02 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Robb

First up welcome to the forum and thanks for the XMAS wishes. Where are you located? If you are nearby (SE QLD) you could drop the tank off for our $20 fix it or it's free service. If not well... There is a whole range of things that could be wrong and it is not uncommon for more than one thing to be busted on a Heng Long tank.

I am a big fan of making the switch to 2.4 gHz as the very first upgrade you do. But not 'toy' or proprietary 2.4 gHz switch to proper hobby grade 2.4 gHz like what you would be familiar with. Get a system that uses a separate radio, receiver and MFU setup not a combined radio and receiver/mfu unit.

In your case you may have an issue with the MFU unit, or radio/receiver, battery or cables. The stock batteries for Heng Long are really poor and very easily destroyed with the equally poor charger supplied. If the battery is low the tank will start but not move. It should though make the engine running sound if you have a smoke & sound version tank

Check all the cables are in secure.
Use only Heng Long crystals (for now) even though crystals should be crystals I have had the odd issue with non-Heng Long crystals.

Make sure your battery is fully charged and is in good working order.

Moving up to the cheapest proper Hobby grade 2.4 gHz system will set you back about $100. Assuming that nothing is wrong with your RX18 unit (if the RX18 is installed in your tank) and your battery is OK it can be a very easy plug and play upgrade.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:45 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

thanks 4 the repply, i charged the battery on my good charger, but it was fully charged anyway, is it possible to use lipos?

hmm i may have to look at sending it to you to look at, we are out at Bundaberg region, where abouts are you?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Robb
Yes it is possible to use LiPo however there is no low voltage cutoff function on the RX18 so you would need to monitor your LiPo voltage manually. Not hard really I use LiPos exclusively.

RCTA is located in Salisbury, Brisbane so it would still cost a bit to send the tank. However, last week of school holidays I like to try and get up to Lake Monduran if that would be of any help. I guess that depends on whether you are more inland Bundy than by the coast.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

were actually at gin gin, last week of january? i will be back at work by then but im sure we could try work something out

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:38 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Gin gin - what a coincidence. I'll have to pack the tank repair kit along with the barra busting tackle. If I can get away it will be between 18 th and 22nd Jan

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Kevin.

This is Rob's brother. There was a mix up with the timing, I hope I am not too late and you can get this message while your still up here.

If you have the time and inclination feel free to email me and we can work something out. zaraak at gmail dot com.

I will hang about in the thread today so I can see any reply as well.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:57 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Guys

No I'm still here in BrisVegas BUT I'm still wanting a few days up at Monduran. Probably now not till early feb.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:41 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

No problem. Whenever is convenient for you. I appreciate the effort.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Robb & Shady

Good thing I didn't go to Monduran this weekend. I hear it's overflowing. Hope you guy are above water at least.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion