Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion

Post subject: Is there a South Australian RC battle tank club?
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

G'day everyone.

As the title suggests I am looking for a south Aussy club, can anyone help?

I been looking at this airsoft controversy. I believe that as far as rc battle tank groups are concerned we should seperate our selves from the replica firearm / paint ball mobs as the only link is either who manufactures or the type of mechanism we use.

We have to place our selves clearlly under the term of 'toy gun'

I have seen mentioned that we in South Australia had a velocity parameter to our regulation. I have reviewed copies of the 1993 and 2008 acts and as yet to find that clause. Both had a 'Toy gun' clause that would rely on the commissioner's representative interuption classifying rc battle tanks as such.

Further air guns/ rifles with a barrel less than 25cm is exempted as a firearm

In addition a firearm fitted with a infrared firing system ( assuming I guess instead of bullets, beams of infared light are 'fired' ) are exempt in south Australia.

I have seen the definition of a firearm as a weapon held and fired in and by the hand of user.

I believe it possible the velocity definition was such a "interuptation" by a representative of the commissioner that was based on their personal interuption of the act ( which a member of the police is allowed to do) and not based on any particular clause in the regulation or act.

This interuption would have to be challenged in court if someone was actually charged under this interuption to overturn or tighten the definition if there was any ambiguous in interupting the act exist in the opinion of the court.

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion