[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Tiger "5" of 3rd Company, Panzer Abteilung 506, Ukraine '43
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Tiger "5" of 3rd Company, Panzer Abteilung 506, Ukraine '43
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:27 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

For probably 5 years I've been building Tiger "5" of 3rd Company, Panzer Abteilung 506, Ukraine '43. Finally with some spare time waiting to get the capital for Asp 2 I've decided to hit this project hard.

Part of the reason I chose this tank was the ability to print the decals required. In winter camo there is no need to worry about printing white so printing the 506 insignia was easy and the nice large 5 made it easy to go either decal or painting. Also making this a nice easy tank to do is the lack of zim. With time at a absolute minimum I find myself having far less time to do all of the detail I want. (Plus all the bad tank drivers at my local club keep smacking into me and knockin parts off :) )

Of course this tank will be fitted with an Asp and as many of the new features I can cram into there.

For now here are the turret decals applied

Printing light colours decals on your inkjet and then applying the decals to a dark tank is always a bit hit or miss. To make it a certain hit I stenciled the number 5 in white.

I then applied the decal over the white painted stencil.

PART 2
Probably one reason why it takes me so damn long to do anything is all the overthinking. I figure that to do a white wash you first need to have the tank as it was before the whitewash. This means the tank get 2 paintjobs. So the whole tank received a dunkelgelb job which seems a shame to now have to cover up in white.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Tiger "5" of 3rd Company, Panzer Abteilung 506, Ukraine
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:16 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Number 5 has been whitewashed. Still more weathering of tracks and wheels to come.... And the all important final blend & dull coat.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:35 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

very very nice

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:39 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

It looks awesome!!
I never much looked through these threads until now, trynig to pick a historically correct design of stencils for my tiger, and it's not easy considering the paint job I already have.

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds