[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Bergertiger 1/16
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Re: Bergertiger 1/16
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:14 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Great work kamaz 8-) 8-)
yes we need the video

gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:16 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab24 ... 200454.mp4
Battery is low (6.96V) hence slow hoisting up. Also, this one has HL gearboxes, but 3:1 reduction would make this one a dream machine... :loveit:
That noise that comes out once crane boom is to be lifted/lowered is from 5V relay wich I put on 3V power lines. Maybe some day I buy 3V one, but meanwhile this will do.
:secret:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kamaz,
Awesome video. What fun could be had with your Berg,

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:27 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Well, to be honest I haven´t had any quality time with it yet, since it was on ˝working bench˝ only.
But with some fine tuning (I was thinking of putting all together new high torque/low RPM servo-like drive units) I do believe it will be worth looking and playing with.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:52 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

There are pictures of 2 Bergetiger's,
If you look at closely there may even be pictures of all 3 Bergetiger's but I am checking this out,

Look closely at the picture marked "worldwar 2 sales" if you look there's bullit holes in the turret, the landscape is diffrent (flatter), and the bracket on the side is diffrent plus the exhaust & sheild furthest from the camara is all in good condition,
allot of the missing equipment and road wheels could of been removed after it was abandoned,
also in this picture th turret is very dark as if it has had a fire ?, but more importantly I think this is the Bergetiger which was destroyed (due to the fuel tank clearly emptying into the water surrounding it,
same pic below but someone has removed the watermark (Not me).

On the common pics of the Bergetiger shown below there is clear evedance of towing equipment and a long pry/crow bar on the side and it has all of its road wheels, But !, if you look carefully the exhaust furthest is extreamly damaged, there are no bullit holes in the side of the turret and the whole tank is the same colour (the turret does not look like its been in a fire),
its also clearly surounded by higher ground,

also contary to popular belief these where built useing mid production tigers & Twin headlamps on the upper hull not a single headlamp on the front armour,
there's allot of speculation that the bergetiger's would not be used for recovery because they where so rare well by this time the production of the Tiger II was up and running and as far as I can remember there had already been 500+ Tiger II tanks issued, so the tiger 1 which was just about to go out of production in may 1944 would not be worth as much as it was old tech.
as for the use we will never realy know but as already said with the size weight and noise of a tiger 1 based tank it was'nt going to sneak up on anything.
another theory is that it was used to plant exsplosives on bridges etc, (hense the winch and crane Not unlike other Berge tanks which also had lifting equipment fitted) this is also not very likely as the turrets where mounted backwards and supposedly fixed in place, (if your lowering exsplosives down the frame of a bridge or cliff would'nt it make more sence if the turret rotated ?),
judging by the recovery equipment mounted on the front and that the German army by this time where retreating + the small amount of tanks the Germans produced compaired to the USA, GB, Russia, etc it would make sence to use a heavily armoured tracked vechule to recover damaged tanks,

sorry did'nt mean to hijack the thread just thought I would add my findings as I'm still building my Bergetiger
:)

Pete

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:51 am 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Well, it is nice to find somebody else interested in Berge.

But...
You should consider this; what if this all is one and the same Berge, since it was abandoned on the road, then later pushed away in that ditch, and as time passed was dismantled bit by bit. I know this is a speculation, but don`t you find a bit strange that two or three of these had been abandoned with same degree of turret rotation?

All in all, I`m sticking with recovery role of this beast since it was mine original idea to do with this donor body.

It would be a pleasure to see a progress of your Berge Bigwheels_inc, hope you start toppic with us.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:42 pm 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Je me suis permis de transmettre la vidéo à 08 RC blindés Ardennes qui a construit le même
en 2 exemplaire.
I allowed to pass on(to transmit) the video to 08 armored RC Ardennes which built the same in 2 copy.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:49 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:52 pm 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Well, you can see that engine cover is removed and is missing.

Also, about the exhaust sheild, I still believe it is the same Berge, since these two photos were taken from different angle. If you look closely to the one that is damaged, plate is going in perfect curve until it is bent inward, so if you are standing in second photo position, you can only see that perfect curve, since that bent is just around that position.

And that thing you say is areal mount, that is track pulling cables tention gadget wich was used to pull out slack on mounted track pulling cable (wich was used to pull tracks back on via sprocket wheel). Areal mount is located on right side, in front of front engine grill.

But that cable (or is it some big rod---but I doubt it) that is visibe on left side, above that tention gadget is a bit of a mistery. It seems like one extra towing cable, but it does not have proper ending (loop).

Did you noticed that zimmerit was stripped down too? That is why if you look at that stripped photo, there are two holes on turret bethween escape hatch and side sight, and on those earlier photos, there is zimm, and no holes.

@Jeanf10: what did you mean by that? Are you asking me to permit you to post video? Of course: I don`t mind. ˝The more the merrier˝ I always say!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:55 pm 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Got some small thing done on Berge:
-gearboxes changed to MG995 servos
-got anti-twist for turret (so, now it is full 360°)
-reduced 8 pin connector to 4 pin needed for upper hull.
But RX-13 is still dead...
I`m considering buying 6ch RC system, to replace this old one.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds