Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Tiger I TK01 board motor lead locations
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:15 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi,
I am new to the forums and was hoping to get a bit further before asking for help :(

I have a HL non ss Tiger I (blue box version) that I got to try my hand at RC tanks after seeing the Panzergruppe South display at Cancon this year. My boys and I liked it so much we went and got a PzIV and a KV1 ir versions to battle with. I intended to learn my way around the upgrade paths by using the Tiger as the test model and then working on the other two. Unfortunately the Tiger has died so I got to open it sooner than I thought.
I have found one problem in that one of the motor leads has come away from the tk01 board. I can not tell where it comes from just by looking (nothing obvious anyway) so does some one have a picture or diagram showing where it should go?

I intended to upgrade to the RX18 in the future but needed to wait for the wallet to recover first.

Thanks in advance

FlynnOz

Post subject: Re: Tiger I TK01 board motor lead locations
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:29 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi FlynnOz
Welcome to RCTA forum.
Glad u seen our display at CanCon, Panzergruppe South is holding a tank day in Bungendore in a couple of weeks on Sat 20th July be good if u can make the meet, link in tank club section of forum.

As for where the cable goes not to sure as not familiar with the non SS board, can u post a couple of pic's of the board and any other info on what actually died so we can help you.

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:33 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Gra,
Thanks for the reply and kind offer.

Unfortunately I live ~ 5 hours from you down in Bairnsdale Victoria so it makes it hard to come to any of your events. I make an annual pilgrimage to Cancon and the AWM with my family but would love to arrange a holiday around one of your events.

I hopefully have attached the photo showing the board and broken lead (it is the red one on the right.)

As for what happened, Tank was going well, ran until battery went flat so we finished for the day. I removed battery and recharged it. Three days later went to use the Tiger again, plugged the battery in and went to start it but no light or action when the remote was used. Changed battery thinking I had not charged it properly but had same result. Opened up the Tank and found broken lead. I have checked the voltage at the incoming board terminal and it id getting power to the board. As I an a total novice at RC electrics this is as far as I have got. Next step was to remove board from the tank and look at the other side.

Regards

FlynnOz

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Well it is amazing what a different point of view does!

I pulled the board out and found a screw from the gearbox lodged under it. Once that was removed the tank would start :)

With that sorted I was able to work out where the lead went with a bit of deduction and poke and see what happens trouble shooting. Actually looking at the photo it is obvious when you think about it :(
It went on the "dot" between the red and black leads next to the bend in the yellow wire.

So I now have a fully functional Tiger again

Now on to the plans for an upgrade ;)

Regards

FlynnOz

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds