[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Tiger I Late
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Tiger I Late
 Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:40 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Chaps,

This is a Taigen metal upgrade as the basic model.

I have given it a paint job, and decals from Peddinghaus.

Lots of little bits of work done including, notched the hull extensions at the front, small hinge loaders hatch, monocular gun sight, roughed up the side fenders a bit, new muzzle break, and a few other bits and bobs.

This is running an IBU2 control board via my new Turnigy 9XR from RCTA. this Tiger is Tamiya IR battle ready.

Last edited by scalawag on Fri May 02, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Tiger I Late
 Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:06 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Here are a few pics which show some of the work I have done which can't be seen in the previous photos.

This is the short hinge loaders hatch as I have done it. I think there might be more than one variant though.

outside

Inside, with closure rope and handle

Alterations I have made to the rear of the engine deck.

overview of Turret top and rear deck

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:16 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Very nice Tiger scalawag, I like the rope pull on the loaders hatch

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:50 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Gra, I thought that would be a little detail not often seen.

Ok now has the Voyager pe tool clasps fitted. Not great pics, but enough to give an idea of how these look.

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:44 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Good stuff scalawag 8-) 8-)
I did the clamps as well, pain in the a to build LOL but look the part

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:57 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Gra,

Which make of clamps did you use?

These are the voyager Late set which are very good and not too bad to put together. I have also done a set of the voyager early clamps which I think are even better than these.
I would definitely recommend these, and on the strength of these being so good I have just ordered the Voyager mid Tiger PE detail set :D

I have heard the ABER clamp sets are a real pig to put together, and a lot more fiddly :?

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:06 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

My Voyager Tiger I mid upper deck PE set arrived this week so a few more details added.

I think I will be getting another set of these to add detailing to my early Tiger I too. Lots of useful stuff in this set, so working out what else I might add to this one now.

Stowage bin clasps

Jack block handle and clasp

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:24 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Good detail scalawag, like the padlock 8-) and the block handle
I used the Aber early set I think
Did the padlock come with the PE stuff?

Cheers

Post Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:08 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Gra

Yeah, the padlock is part of the Voyager mid Tiger I upper deck PE set. If I remember correctly ther are parts for 8 of these padlocks in this set. Lots of great bits as part of this set, and not so expensive as the ABER sets. 8-)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:31 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

A few pics of the latest tank crew figure I have built. The kit arrived in the post yesterday morning.

This one is a Kirin resin kit of a loader for my Tiger Is. I decided to try the Italian Pattern camo for a bit of a change this time.

Comments as always very welcome.

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds