[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Early Tiger I
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Early Tiger I
 Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:08 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi All,

I have been playing with PE and other detail bits again, so here are a few pics of the recent work on my Early Tiger I.

Turret stowage bin and track toolbox clasps

Tool fittings

Drivers vision port

Turret hatch padlock hasps

and some shots of the whole tank

I think these little details add the the overall look of the tank.

Comments as always welcome.

Paul

Post subject: Re: Early Tiger I
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:50 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Good job again scalawag
I like the bow in the front spare tracks and of course the dints in the bucket 8-)

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:15 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thank you for the kind words Gra, and glad you liked the detail on this tiger. :D

I replaced the plastic track links on the front with Impact metal links. The bow is a happy coincidence of them being heavier, and I think conveys a sense of weightiness to them and the model. :)

I use Schumo buckets now. These are very nicely detailed and come in a pack of 4 different designs of bucket. They are also thin enough to be able to beat them up a bit. I don't believe a tin bucket hung on the back of a tank would stay pristine for very long. ;)

Paul

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:24 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi scalawag
Any more updates or new builds', I just luv em what you do

Cheers

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Nothing new as such.

This Tiger is just about to get a new Henntec idler system when it arrives, and I will probably have a fiddle about with the rest of the running gear too as I think it could be better.

Just put a set of JP pro power 400 motors in my other Tiger and will be swapping all my tanks over to these as money allows, (best £10 upgrade I have ever made I think).

Other than that I have been fine tuning the battle systems on my tanks as the emitters I have been using were giving me very inconsistent results. Have some new ones fitted now which I hope will give me better results. The tests I have been able to do are promising.

Oh and I almost forgot I am awaiting a new Turnigy 9XR too.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:12 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Good to hear scalawag
Cannot beat the Turnigy 9x great radio

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:03 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well Gra, been looking at what else I might do and....

A bit of a slow morning today, so I decided to have a go at fabricating an armoured cover for the turret ventilator on this early Tiger. Here is a few pics

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:40 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi scalawag
Very cool, looks great including the wing nuts 8-) 8-)
Cannot wait for next instalment :D

Cheers

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds