Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: New to RC start with a Tamiya 1/16 KT
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:35 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Guys
I started building a Dragon 1/35 Tiger 1, then started looking around and quickly moved onto a Tamiya 1/16 full Option King Tiger which should arrive any day now. I also got the latest Futaba 564wyd to go with it, and the associated 7.2 battery NiH 5000 etc then it was time to join here and get some advice and share the build.
There seems so many different opinions on what aftermarket parts to add I thought that I would list a few here that seem most people have and see what you all think, please let me know your opinions of what you have.
1.Metal Gearbox Brace from Daryl Turner $28 (Custom models have this for $17.50?)
2. Metal Idler Kit from HennTec HT017
3.Brass Bearings
4. Headlight Kit KT0028FRO
5. Metal Tow shackles
6. KT0035 Hex Screws for assembly
7.Impact Metal Tracks, these to added much later, most seem to agree that these are the best
8. Some sort of gearing to slow the tank down, any suggestions with this welcome (Schumo gear downs?)
9. Definitely have to have some smoke, again any thoughts on this appreciated. I was thinking about getting the Taigen/Torro metal exhausts.
11.Front convoy light

Best place to buy these parts as the postage is ridiculous sometimes, so it would be easier from the one place but maybe not possible. ( ETO Armour Frontline hobbies?)
So that is about all at the moment, I look forward to all and any comments, at this stage I do not want to add to many extra parts but if they need to be there it would be better to build them in from the start

Regards
Anthony James

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » 1/16 Scale Builds