[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - RC Armory 1/8th Tige 1 Late Model
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » All Other Scales

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: RC Armory 1/8th Tige 1 Late Model
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:09 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted August 10th:
Had another go at the crank handle and also worked on the jack plates

The crank handle has two brass tubes that get progressively wider.
The bloody CA set within a couple of seconds stopping me getting the fatter tube completely over the inner tube..

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:10 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted August 11th:
Knocked up a crow bar for P4Man's KT

Will do the same for my Tiger 1 once I work out the dimensions

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:11 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted August 13th:
Well, I wasn't happy with my first attempt at the crank handle for P4Man.

I bought a concave sanding bit for my dremmel from the man's store - Bunnings
It let's me smooth off the rough outer edge of the tubes and pipes, etc.

Was champing at the bit to have another go this morning and build the crank handle from scratch again.

I popped the original and final versions of the crank handle on the same shot for comparism - MUCH happier with the second attempt.

NB: I need to glue some rubber to my metal vice so I don't mark the brass anymore.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted August 13th:
Started working on the receiver and sound module

With a bit of luck I won't blow anything up and I'll get to hear some cool tank sounds tomorrow

Time now for a beer

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:13 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted August 14th:

Most dissapointing day today
Hooked up the SFX6 Sound Module, got startup/shutdown/machine gun & 88 sounds working - not happy with the config or quality of some of the sound files.
Will be looking to find sounds I like to add to the module and adjust looping in and out timings, etc - it is an individual preference when it comes to sound files
I have emailed Model Solutions of Canada as I am having a problem setting my throttle up for forwards & reverse configuration.
For the life of me the SFX module will only see my Turnigy 9X transmitter Throttle1 as a forwards only stick
A good outcome for today was P4Man gave me the contact details for Doug, the previous owner of the 1/8th RCArmory King Tiger.
Doug used the SFX6 sound module in the KT, so I had a good half hour chat with him - always nice to have someone who has already gone thru the hoops so to speak.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:14 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted August 23rd:

Pretty much worked out the SFX6 sound module over the last week.
Got a software/firmware update from Model Solutions of Canada which fixed my throttle problem.
Also downloaded some other sound files for "tinkering" with.
Should have this part of the leggo puzzle sorted for the build now.

Also ordered the following books from Barbarossa Books:
1 ea. ADVANCED TECHNIQUES No 1 £13.00
1 ea. ADVANCED TECHNIQUES No 3 £13.00
1 ea. MODELLING MANUAL No 13 PANZERKAMPFWAGEN VI TIGER £2.00
1 ea. MODELLER'S GUIDE TO THE TIGER TANK (Pbk) £25.00

The last book was really, really hard to find. I ordered it from Fishpond a couple of weeks ago, but the supplier ended up not fronting with the book so I got a refund.
Ebay had the book (used) anywhere from GBP75 and US$100+ - great find for a new copy from Barbarossa Books for the measly GBP25
It was also listed on Amazon (both US and UK), but the suppliers wouldn't ship to OZ which was good as well because I ended up buying all the above for less than the price of the one book

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:15 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted August 24th:

Received 2 deliveries today

Everything is 1/6th scale

Will be getting out the dremmel and probably my father-in-laws grinder to reduce the tools to 1/6th.

Not sure if the cable eyelets will look too big - I can cut down the cable lengths to 1/6th - will wait and see.

The second set of tools is for P4Man's 1/8th KT

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:16 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted September 2nd:
TADAAAA - received a couple of photos from Mike at RC Armory

Mike sent me the photos today.

Only a couple to wet the appetite

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:17 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted September 24th:

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy a large tank because,,,

it means you need a man shed to work on it

The "Minister for Finance" has approved the installation of a "boy's with their toy's work shed"

I don't really have enough space in the garage to house my new T1 and inside the house is in reality a bit of a no no.

As luck would have it the space recovered by pulling down our son's sand pit a couple of months ago is just about perfect for a man shed - a bit of additional lawn will have to be sacrificed, but oh well...

Ducking off in the morning to check out this shed prior to our arvo vic club battle ---> http://www.aaronsoutdoor.com.au/home-st ... view.php?2

Add a bit of electricity for LOTS of power points, some lighting, etc and bingo, I'll never set foot in the house again

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:19 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Posted September 27th:
OK, good news and good news

Mike (RC Armory) has finished his part of the build - my lovely Tiger 1 will ship in the next couple of days - oh drooooooollll

Also, my SFX6 sound module from Sound Solutions of Canada has been replaced by the supplier - it had a stuck relay which restricted my programming requirements - "big thumbs up" to Sound Solutions of Canada - very prompt service - many thanks David

I have also ordered my "Man Cave" which should be operational by end of next month (look up beer fridge, etc)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » German Panzers » Tiger, Sturmtiger, Elefant and Ferdinand » All Other Scales