[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Gra's Matorro Jagdtiger mod
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » King Tiger and Jagdtiger » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gra's Matorro Jagdtiger mod
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:52 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Gra

Nice to see that you are keeping that Hobby store in Goulbourn afloat with all that Evergreen Styrene purchase.

Keep up the good work

Cheers
Kev

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:46 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

excellent solutions , good improvisations, got reraly a mean big prowler cat

By at 2012-02-07

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

thanks Kev, yep I'd be stuffed without styrene
and thanks karel47

bit of an update, progress has been a bit slow at the moment, due waiting for parts, adjusting idlers, top hull to fit firmer on the bottom hull etc...

anyway have adjusted the idlers, cut of the idler mount which i was hoping to be a solid piece but no, its hollow and another bit is moulded onto the hull

added styrene inside hull to take the axel housing 6mm brass tube

finished axel mount and tracks on

pic of metal axels arms

added front drive guards and oil level/drain plugs (bit hard to see in these pics)

Have started to install the SGS board (from RCTanks Australia) and electrics, also added some firewalls. First time user of SGS so all new to me

on/off switch accessible through back door

some fun shots battle damage and extended barrel to the Wecho length about 20mm longer

still have a lot to do to the RX board setup with great help from Kevin, thanks mate, you will be sick of me after this :roll: :roll: :roll:

cheers
gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:24 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

another update
been raining here all week now :roll: :roll:
so just have to spend all my time in the tank factory :D :D

been working on some small detail, I've decided to make a new tail light (with a brake light in it as well), made from styrene and some clear plastic for lenses

using 2 small sq LEDS (have drilled 2 holes through the hull plate and back of the tail light (cannot remember whats its called) the LEDs fit into the square styrene. 1 light on with headlight the other a brake light (not sure if thats the way it was originaly but thought i'd try it anyway)

next up handle and latches on wooden block, detail on mud guards, pins for the jack and a few other things as can be seen from the white styrene. I didn't like the way HL fitted their mud flaps so i used the Matorro ones

I thought id try casting effect for the first time, :| :| using Tamyia putty on the exhaust covers

Pleased with how it turned out, have to be quick with this stuff dries v quickly and be careful what material you use to dab it on as the first few goes it left the imprint of the chux towel , i then used a t shirt, much better but could still see some weaving prints :roll: :roll:

still raining so looks like back to the shed :D

cheers

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:15 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi all

just a quick one today
tested the tail light and it works, :D better than i thought it would :o :o

Only tested one side, as you can see no light coming from the other section as i separated the two, but didn't know if it would stop the light entering through from any gaps. And not to bright, colour the lenses when painting, one red and the other bluey green i think it is.

cheers

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:19 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Nice Gra. I love it when I see people putting all the cool things from the shop to good use. What a huge job. Sure will be a beast when done.

I think you will need some extra modifications for your servo recoil. The Heng Long recoil distance is quite short and won't do this beast justice. I'll 'pimp out' your recoil to get as much recoil travel as possible.

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:15 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

would the jagdpanther from tamiya its recoil do the job

By at 2012-02-07

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Karel, any recoil could work but there are several problems with the Tamiya recoil

Most notably that it doesn't work correctly either. It's circular motion means an equal back and forwards recoil speeds

Plus I think the plan is to have something that just fits into what is existing so that time consuming modifications are not required. To use a Tami recoil would also mean modifing the existing elevation mechanism....

I'll see exactly what I can get out of the HL recoil and let you all know soon as its done.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:00 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

FAIL

An inch is all I can give you Gra

:bamboozeld:

Still the effective travel is now double what is was for the original unit. I think it will be OK.

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:59 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Many thanks Kevin
I,m happy with that mate 8-) 8-)
I think 25mm will look most effective

All I have to do now is get that b#*#~y barrel out :roll:

I'll solder the TX up this weekend :bamboozeld:

Cheers
Gra :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » German Panzers » King Tiger and Jagdtiger » 1/16 Scale Builds