[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Gra's Matorro Jagdtiger mod
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » King Tiger and Jagdtiger » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gra's Matorro Jagdtiger mod
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:30 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Just a small update , have finished installing the electronics and all the wiring, still needs to be tested, when I get the SGS software on my Turnigy TX
Kevin has installed the servo on the recoil unit (many thaks Kev) and now I have cut the barrel off to make it recoil, bit harder than I thought as its so big and I haven't any styrene or brass tube big enough to use, so of to the hardware store to see what I can find :roll:

Pics soon

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Gra,
I think that you are a little confused. There is no such thing as 'the SGS software'. What you are wanting to install is the latest version of tankER9X which has templates for SGS, El Mod and so on.
Any unit SGS, El Mod, Tamiya, or the new RC2HL board for Heng Long tanks will all work with a 9X with or without tankER9X (or any other hobby radio for that matter). Your 9X as it is will have zero problems running your SGS unit right now. You would just have to set it up.

tankER9X simply has some templates to save you the time of setting them up yourself.

The servo for the recoil was the easy bit. That's a big job ahead of you sorting out that barrel. And what's with the ..'I haven't any styrene...' You the King of Styrene for central NSW. I can hear that Hobby Shop owner in Goulborn rubbing his hands together in glee.

Good luck with that barrel

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:44 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hey Gra,

Lovin' the build so far, you've got your hands full with this one mate. And i thought my T34 was a nightmare. Great job so far :)

Ace

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:00 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:06 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

OK some more pics :D
have made a screw to hold down the hull through the air breather hole made new armour plate from styrene so all will glue and stick together well (didn't want to use superglue as needed time to line all the parts up)

next finished the wiring (seems to be a lot wires :roll: ) not tested yet, you can also see the screw lug on the back of the speaker box for the screw to hold the hull down

now the barrel chop

now need to find some tube to go into the mantlet for the barrel to recoil in

cheers
gra :)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:07 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi Gra,

I must compliment you on your layout and wiring mate, beautifully neat and tidy. keep up the great work :) and the paintings not so bad mate, little and often,perhaps with the aid of a tinny or two always makes things go smoother(steadys the nerves and stops the shakes) :D

Cheers,

Ace

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:08 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Ace
Gotta have tidy wiring, it makes for easy access/trouble shooting and can fit more in if needed
Will take your advice on the painting, will have plenty of tinny's on hand (just in case) ;) ;)

I think I have nearly sorted the barrel recoil :roll:

Cheers
Gra

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:30 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ok another update
have sorted the barrel recoil (not hooked up to electrics yet)
ended up getting some PVC pipe fittings and they fit perfect (nearly)

and I said the barrel was big so I needed a big clamp as well

showing the barrel in ready mode

barrel in recoil position

finally finished the front fender

made the fender latch from alu and brass pin

added a metal bolt to the shackel

pic of the servo mod that Kevin did for me many thanks mate :D

still will need some work to make all fit and get the maximum travel for the recoil

cheers
gra :)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:20 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Gra

You have made a difficult job look easy. Good old PVC pipe. I need to do a similar thing for my Pershing.

Next we'll do a swapsies I'll send down my Pershing barrel and you send me some electrics.

Cheers
Kevin g

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:18 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

OOOH,

It's looking really great buddy, and lot's of innovation in this build, Makes me want to go out to the garage and do some more! No hang on it's 12.15am better go to bed :D

Ace

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » German Panzers » King Tiger and Jagdtiger » 1/16 Scale Builds