[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Gra's Matorro Jagdtiger mod
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » King Tiger and Jagdtiger » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gra's Matorro Jagdtiger mod
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:43 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Ace
I thought 12.15am was the start of the day mate, get in early and do plenty of building :P

Kevin, yep v happy to do swapsies, electronics :roll: :? :shock: :roll:
I havn't seen a Pershing barrel / mantlet (inside), at least its not bigger than the styrene or brass tube, which will make it a lot easier to mod :D

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:18 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Yep still been busy :o

i have extended the barrel length by 34mm to nearly the length of the Wecho barrel
and have modded the recoil again but more on that later when we get the recoil operational.

next i have started on the smaller detail, ropes, cleaning rods, side clamps, spare track links etc....
I broke the main cable but good ole styrene and you can repair anything

made what looks like wing nuts

had problems with the cleaning rods moving so i glued them together with a bit of styrene that goes behind the bracket, all stay in place now

made up the track cable, tip if you use any type of thread rub some PVA glue along it and it stiffens the cable up so not so flimsy

more to come :D

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:29 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I bought some Aber PE tool clamps of RCTA, so next step was to assemble the clamps, boy need a big magnifying glass :censored: :censored: wow a bit fiddly but in the end they do look good :P

have since started on the other tools and clamps, so more pics soon :D

cheers
gra :)

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:22 pm 
Panther Commander
Panther Commander

Great job on the clamps Gra ,i to got these ,finished one and said "bugger that for a joke"
They are nice but so is my sanity :shock:

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:58 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Gra,
Yeah I'm with Tankboy. But you make the clamps look easy.

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:30 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hello Gra,

Lookin' great mate ;) :loveit:

I made up some of those fiddly little buggers for my tiger, took hours but it just transforms the tank with them. You glued them closed? I did as they will undo and you end up loosing your tools!
It's going to be a cracker mate, Wish i lived closer as i'd love to see it in person when finished. Pics are good but eyeballs on the prize is better!

Cheers,

Ace

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks guys
Yes the clamps are very fiddly, but once I found the knack of assembling them it was pretty easy (but wouldn't reconmend after a night out)

I'm not going to use them on the side of the tank as to flimsy

Thanks ace on the glue tip, I was wondering how to keep them closed, but then if you want open them again??, a mate mentioned he tied some small wire around the lever

More pics soon :D

Gra :)

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

hi all
another update :D
have made fire ext holder, crank handle, crowbar, fuel vent, bracket for wire cutters

for those keen eyed tankers, yes i have turned turned fire ext around to the correct position
since taking the pics :roll:

pics of the hatch holding latches and lifting hooks (from RCTA shop)

camo holding loops made from fuse wire

more soon
(have ran out of time wife needs computer)

cheers

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:47 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

OK more pics :D
made the track rope and holders

the shovel and hammer handles were not right too small, one being metal was going to be a problem to replace, so i used AFV (Mal's) idea of heat shrink tube put over the handles and heated up, works a treat 8-)

then decided to try some battle damage (for the first time :? ), my idea is the JT has been around for a while and received some front on shots, used the soldering iron to make the effects.

now to the long awaited paint job

have finished the painting, pics soon

cheers

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:25 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks Frosty
Yep it's the small detail that makes all the difference to these mods, it amazes me when at showing our tanks at shows how many people bend down and have a real close look at them

Gra :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » German Panzers » King Tiger and Jagdtiger » 1/16 Scale Builds