[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Stevo's first Tamiya King Tiger
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » King Tiger and Jagdtiger » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Stevo's first Tamiya King Tiger
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hey guys, well this is my second tank build and i am glad i bought Tamiya this time round

Here are the list of parts that i bought for this bad boy ;)

Schumo driveshaft bearing support
Schumo front track guides
Schumo turret support bearings
Schumo brass lifting arm
Henntec idler adjuster
Ball bearings
Impact metal tracks
Daryl's gearbox brace

I am liking the look of the KT's without some pf their track gaurds. They seem to look more bad ass 8-)

Thanks all for the helpful advice. You cool cats know who you are :lol: Here are the pics. I am pretty much 95% finished '8

I originally was going to go camo on this mofo's ass but then i thought i would try something different :) What do you guys think?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Stevo's first Tamiya King Tiger
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:30 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Some more pics 8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:59 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Awesome looking King Tiger, I have just ordered teh hang long updated metal version, can't wait to get my hands on it and detail and repaint. Do you know if any members on the Gold Coast?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:56 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Stevo,

Looks fantastic. I'm a subscriber of your youtube channel as well and I've all of your 1/16 tanks.

You've inspired me to get into my first RC 1/16 King Tiger tank. I did buy a relatively cheap, out dated Tamiya 56004 model as an impulse. I'm sort of regretting this as I would like to have all of the functions as seen in the later releases from Tamiya.

Having said this, I'm certain there are upgrades I could look into to obtain the upgrades I would like to see:

1. Dual motor with gear reduction for more realistic drive
2. Sounds for the motor and the guns
3. Upgrade to as many metal parts - don't know where I can get these
4. Recoil function for the main gun

Would you be in a position to provide me with your advise on this. I have not started on the build as yet, still unopened.

Many thanks

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:10 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hi Guys

I too have just bought a Tamiya 1/16 KT it is on it's way and it was a very good price compared to other shop in Australia.

I want to ad these parts:

Metal Gearbox Brace by Daryl turner, it seems everybody is using this
HennTec idler kit, or the Schumo Idler drums and wheels KT0014
Schumo ZUH Machine gun MG34
Schumo KT0019 Bosch headlight
Schumo tow shackles KT0013
Schumo Hex screws Schumo gear downs maybe?
Beire sound module from Germany maybe
Welsh Dragon Models Torro exhaust as I want smoke
Stella Models Muzzle Brake, this is cheap at $8.00

Any comments welcome

Regards

Anthony james

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:25 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Well I guess that i won't bother with this forum anymore as the number of posts here was to many!!

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:30 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Maybe try posting about another build I think a zillion and 1 Tamiya KT posts do tend not to generate much interest anymore.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » German Panzers » King Tiger and Jagdtiger » 1/16 Scale Builds