[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Polish Leopard 2A4 1:16 - scratchbuilt
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » 2A6 MBT Leopard » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Re: Polish Leopard 2A4 1:16 - scratchbuilt
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:38 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi again,
As I mentioned above I'm working on second approach to Leopard 2 tank. In fact I'm writing "I", but I am not alone - I am just the "main engineer" :)
This time the general plan was to use the Heng Long basic model and upgrade it as much as possible - replacing the entire internals and installing all available metal suspension upgrades. For a while I do not have to bother about external details and I focus on the mechanics - friends from the polish forum support me with preparation of external details. My job is to make the model functional, rigid, powerful and waterproof.

Summarising my previous updates - project scope includes:
- coustruction of set of aluminium hull inserts - with watertight compartments for electronics, laudspeakers and smoke generator,
- construction of completly new powerpacks - using brushless motors,
- use of Elmod or CS-TK001 with a couple of brushless ESC,
- construction of set of turret inserts - allowing a 2-axis gun and camera stabilisation,
- instalation of FPV system with several cameras.

At this stage I can say - the construction is more or less done, and what's most important - stabilisation works!!! Take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SPQCau ... e=youtu.be

Next step is to set up FPV system and make it all work properly :)

Post subject: Re: Polish Leopard 2A4 1:16 - scratchbuilt
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:21 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi,
Leopard is up and runnigg. Still needs a few tweaks (especiallly speed regulation and driver's training) :)

With our team we visited a model show in Bytom (Poland) - generally scale modelling show, so we were the ony RC-team there...

One interesting photo is here - (what you see in the background is fpv view).

If you like it take a look here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1112 ... 3869771761

And last week we met with a friend to make a short "action movie":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39MBpnSktDM

Nothing fancy, but it shows a bit how stabilisation works.

Board index » German Panzers » 2A6 MBT Leopard » 1/16 Scale Builds