Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Panzer III and Variants

Post subject: HL Panzer III Suspension
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi,

I noticed that after driving around for a while the suspension bolts (indicated in the attached pic) seemed to be working loose. Is this common, or just part of breaking in a new tank?

I've tightened them up for now but was wondering, if it is going to be an ongoing problem, are there any known fixes such as a plastic safe form of Loctite?

Thanks,
David

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: HL Panzer III Suspension
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi,

Thanks for the tip re washers. I did notice that there seemed to be a sweet spot between being too loose and actually impeding the function of the suspension. What actually brough the problem to my attention was one of the end suspension arms with the external shock absorber (as can be seen in the top right of the image I posted) working loose. After it reached a certain point the shock absorber pushed the wheel all the way down and the plastic guide on the suspension arm popped out of it's slot and ended up under the hull. End result was an overextended wheel that was locked in position. Easy enough to put back in place but something I could see recurring.

Best regards,
David

Board index » German Panzers » Panzer III and Variants