[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Tankbears M26
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » US Tanks » M26 Pershing and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Tankbears M26
 Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:18 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

A few months ago I picked up a bargain buy off ebay. This HL M26 S&S for a total of £5 (about $7-8) not had much time to do any work on it with other builds etc. So this week I finally started it.

First job replace the stock motors with some decent graupner speed 400 ones. I ran them in for 3 hours at half battery voltage before installing them in the stock plastic gearboxes. Also the tank had the RX13 board so replaced that with a RX18.

Now at some point in it's life the tank had been stood on :o

Which had crack the turret and damaged the airsoft. So I stripped the turret down replaced the airsoft with one I had spare added the micro switch as the previous one didn't have one and glued the turret back together.

Quick test run and everything is working great.

Apart from trying to make the crack in the turret look like a welded battle repair I've not really figured what I do to this tank yet.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post subject: Re: Tankbears M26
 Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:27 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

On my Pershing the machine gun LED was just a flashing LED under a plastic gun.

So bought one of these Taigen machine guns (it's for a Tiger)

In the flesh it is actually a lot bigger than it looks on the picture.

Here's it next to the Pershing plastic gun.

Simply cut old one off, drilled hole through for new metal machine gun, some putty to fill hole and quick dab of paint.

Job done. 8)

Also I had previous glued the cracked turret. So decided to add some putty to try make it look like in battle weld lines.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:29 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Been a while since done any work on the Pershing.

I found the old style square solder block to the turret wiring to be a pain everytime when wanting to go into the turret. So took a servo lead extension, cut in half then used the plug & socket as a connector to the turret.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:33 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hey there........Tankbear......in regards to your M26 Pershing (1/16 th scale) I Strongly Suggest that You Check out the Tamiya M26 Pershing Fully Optioned Kit (1/16 th Scale) as it is a Well put together Tank. I have one myself and I can tell you from Experience just how good it is and that if you get any Broken Parts ( You can purchase any of the Plastic Sprews) or electrical components such as DMD's and MF's on-line without any problem at all. I am Speaking from experience there to. I find that there plenty of Hobby Suppliers and Outlets ( even direct from Tamiya in Japan) that are Only Willing to Help us out. Anyway mate I hope that this message will help You in the Future.
Thank You John. (tprjohn737)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:36 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

It looks nice, really interesting to see. Thanks for sharing.
:loveit:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:37 am 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Nice looking job you're doing on your HL M26. Heng Long tanks are excellent for the cost as opposed to the very expensive new Tamiya version. Spare parts are available for HL tanks as well. Your repairs look great as well. Keep Em Rolling Tankbear!!!

Cheers, Roger

Board index » US Tanks » M26 Pershing and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds