[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - HL KV-1 build
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Soviet Tanks » KV-1 and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Re: HL KV-1 build
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:31 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks to Element14 aka Farnell there has been a slight delay with some of the MAKO parts. However, it's now sorted and MAKOs are starting to filter out to all parts of the globe.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:07 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well it's been a few weeks since i've done anything on my KV. Basically been waiting on Tank Modellbau 76.2mm KwK barrel to be made and shipped. And today it arrived. :D

Just look at that baby 8-)

But hang on it's suppose to fit the HL recoil unit so why?

No instructions either so my best guess is I need to cut doen the HL tube and push the two together. Anyone else installed one of these?

Also got some plastic tracks at same time which look like their stop the tracks riding up on the drive sprocket. :D

Any way next job is to mod the recoil so worked right.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Barrel looks good, does seem a bit short, i donot know anything about them sorry Tankbear :roll:

Be interesting to see how it goes, I will have to get a KV soon :D

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:03 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Cheers Gra.

Currently waiting on Tank Modellbau to send instruction (in German) to Welsh Dragon Models to forward to me for translating and following. :roll:

Failing that the new one fits quite snug in the HL one so might cut the HL one down and push the two together with some super glue.

Will keep you all posted over next few days as I need tank ready for our next battle day this weekend. Also get chance to try the Mako board against a load of Tamiya and SLU kitted tanks, may even be an ElMod.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:46 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Good news Steve at Welsh Drgon Models emailed me the instructions this morning and it was what I thought. Need to vut the HL barrel and glue together. Will post pics when I get chance to do it.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:49 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

So here we go again.

Heres a picture showing the HL barral and tank modellbau version next to it at correct point of jointing.

Heres the new barrel

And heres the barrel installed in the mantlet with the required 75mm extended.

Putting back together

And all back together and tested.

Seems to be sticking every now and again so will have to have to keep an eye on it.

Next job is to paint the tank.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:16 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Spent last few weeks painting but added a bit of a tube to recess the IR LED to keep the Tamiya boys happy during IR battles.

Here's some pics of the painted KV1

Still to decide what to do with the electronics, at moment has RX18 and Mako board for IR battling, but there is a fair few SLU equipped tanks at our meets and they do sound good.

Ian

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

[quote="Tankbear"]Spent last few weeks painting but added a bit of a tube to recess the IR LED to keep the Tamiya boys happy during IR battles.

Here's some pics of the painted KV1

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-jt2yo5INvis/T4GJGhrvzZI/AAAAAAAAAjw/m5AAMJBHUFk/s640/SV106427.JPG[/im
Hi Ian,
KV looks fab mate, ;)
Just in the process of painting my lads T34, and trying to get the right paint shade is proving a bit of a challenge to say the least!
Excellent work mate :)

Ace

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:09 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Ace,

Glad you like the KV, I covered it in Humbrol Matt Light Olive (#86 if I remember correctly). Not certain if a perfect match for the olive T34. Next time i'm in the garage I put the two next to each other and compare.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Board index » Soviet Tanks » KV-1 and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds