[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Heng Long KV-1 idler mount repair (and new owner tip)
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Soviet Tanks » KV-1 and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Re: Heng Long KV-1 idler mount repair (and new owner tip)
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:35 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Great little guide.

Although I'm not certain if the problem is a HL QC issue, I think it is just the design of the KV1. I've a plastic and metal KV1 chassis and both suffer the idler wheel wanting to seperate from the hull.

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:11 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Ian

You are probably right. I've sometimes wondered if the design problems with the original tanks are subsequently manifested in the scale versions.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:05 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your kind offer. I'd been offered a Taigen hull at wholesale as a replacement, but would have to wait a couple of months for it. I've put a number of hours of work into the hull now repairing it and removing moulding lines from the wheels to get it ready for painting so I think I'll persist.

It would be nice to have a backup as I'm not sure how well the glue bonds will hold up in the long term. Once I've given the KV-1 a makeover I hope to make it to a tank club meeting, so maybe we can sort something out then.

The rotten luck goes on with the KV. After I repaired the hull I got around to looking at the metal upgrades I had ordered. One of the idlers was badly out of shape. I've been sent a replacement set but they appear to have gone AWOL in the post and I have to get the retailer to follow that one up. I've done my best to beat the idler back into shape and I think it would be useable if I get stuck. Hopefully the issue with the replacement will get sorted soon.

It was nice to get some good news regarding the KV!

Thanks,
David

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:04 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hi again Ken,

Finally some good news. My idler wheels showed up and appear to be in good nick. Hopefully that's the end of the bad luck for this project.

Best regards,
David

Board index » Soviet Tanks » KV-1 and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds