[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Tamiya KV-2...the Basketcase
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Soviet Tanks » KV-1 and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Tamiya KV-2...the Basketcase
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:32 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

Hello everyone, I know some of you from other forums, but I just found this place and wanted to share my latest project with you. this tank is a true basketcase, and was given to me without any electronics, a badly bent lower hull (where the idlers are located), frozen road wheels and return rollers....lots of fun with this one. It has sat for at least a year on my bench while I took some time off from tanking. I felt it deserved a second chance at life, so I began this weekend with straightening the hull. After that I had to make a support/idler brace for the front hull. I turneda piece of aluminum on the lathe for this and did some drilling and tapping for mounting. Then I began the replacement of the road wheels with Schumo's beautifully done set. I am also using Schumo's kit to replace the return rollers and I am adding bearings to them as well. Already installed bearings to the idler wheels. Here are some pictures of the work so far.

Board index » Soviet Tanks » KV-1 and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds