[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - FPV systems
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems

Post subject: FPV systems
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi everyone
A great way to experience being the commander of your tank would be to see what his field of vision actually is from the commanders seat. A FPV (first person view) system would be able to achieve this
My question is...

Can a 1:16 tank be set up for a FPV or are the components/camera just to bulky for our scale.

Any feed back welcome

Stuballs

Post subject: Re: FPV systems
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

All done already Stuballs

Two cameras - one for driver, one for gunner in turret

LCD screen attaches to Turingy 9X - old version of 9X is the best.

Will post pics of FPV setup after storm cleanup.....

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:02 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Tnx Phyrephish

That sounds on the lines of what I was thinking about for a tank set up
Looking forward for the post

Cheers
Stuballs

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:10 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

As promised.....

This is all part of Taipan development. As Taipan has two-way communications between Tank and User there needs to be a way for the display info to be readily available to the operator.

Hence carbon fibre brackets to mount either the Remora Display or an LCD display can be placed onto the Turnigy 9X - NOTE: this is just another reason why the old 9X is better than the new 9XR

LCDBracket.jpg

BracketDetails.jpg

If an LCD screen is put on the bracket then you can have camera vision from the tank as well. Here is a great litle camera for the job.

camera1.jpg

Easily fits into the 5mm holes already existing for LEDs

camera2.jpg

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:12 pm 
Willys MB Driver
Willys MB Driver

Hi Kev,

Looks very interesting!!!

I'm currently rebuilding a '77 vintage Leopard 1A4 and has Benedini TBS mini coming to give justice to the V10 engine. I'm really quite interested in Taipan and your FPV concept.

When is the Taipan coming out? Can you expound further the Taipan-FPV concept?

I'm thinking of going this route if the competitor's TK22Leo1 gets released at later date. Your FPV idea is what I'm after as well.

cheers,Rey

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:56 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Rey

Taipan will not exert control over the FPV. There is likely to be connections on the Taipan to provide appropriate power to cameras and transmitters that's all.

The FPV system as is can be used right now. The brackets, cameras, transmitters, LCD sceens, sunshade the lot are all avaiable. You just need to wire it all in. All Taipan will do is provide a bit of help for that.

There is even a setting in tankER9X to all for dual operator tank combat using FPV. It is 'COMBAT' mode in Radio Setup. Basically it uses the Trainer function that Fly Boys use.

One Tank
2 cameras - one for Driver, one for turret
Connect 2 x 9Xs in COMBAT mode - 1 9X for driver, 1 9X for turret gunner
Driver only has control of driving CH1&2 - Gunner control of turret and weapons CH3&4
GO in to battle using ONLY FPV

- require co-operation between driver and gunner - as you would expect in a real tank.

All this exists already - COMBAT Mode in tankER9X has been around since it first came out

Just takes a year or so for everyone to catch up :)

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kev

Thanks for the info very interesting, I'm glad my question wasn't as stupid as I first thought.

Maybe not as difficult with all the function already in tankER9X "combat" mode
Would really add another dimension to Battle play.
Sounds like Ive already got my first crew member Rey

Stu

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 am 
Willys MB Driver
Willys MB Driver

thanks Kev,

i am gearing towards this set up...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcVSSopQXj8
with panning servo atop the TC cupula.

Here's my test footage it the Go ProH2 is placed at the TC cupola. Since the T1 traverse is slow, a dedicated servo for panning is in the pipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2AM8wcv ... w&index=13

yes Stu, pen me in. I think even a single camera for FPV is great already, how much more if you have 2.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:33 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

hello Kevin,

i would like to know which minicams are you using, and info about the sunshade (size)

i myself use two cm200 minicams in mi Tiger, like you said, one for drive, one for aim.
In my "v1", the cams were placed atop, outside the tank, but i disliked seeing these things, so then i put them inside, this was my "v2" :mrgreen:

if you take a look at my Tiki thread, you can see the cameras and the TV display i use, but I'm having trouble to make a sunshade for it... can you provide a link to the system you are using?

for the Königstiger I've already another cm200 for the turret, but for the driver i do not know which to use, because of the periscope type visor, the cam must be candidate to be denuded of their casing and with the lens movable in order to let it enter in the periscope location... do you have any ideas?

for the Tiger's V1 i did two videos, but haven't done any new yet, with the cams located inside... :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyC4YFJzSEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UtRx8W8p8U

best regards

Board index » Electronics » Radio Systems