[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - IR sensors.
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Control and IR Battle Systems

Post subject: IR sensors.
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:36 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Kevin. I want to make my own hidden IR units and the IR sensors that you are using in your Piranha units seems to be what I need. Could you tell me how big are, and where can I buy them?

My idea is to hide the sensors in the turret vision ports.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: IR sensors.
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:48 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Rad

Yes the ones I use will fit in just about all of the vison ports. Was planning to do that with my latest KV-1 build but in the end decided too much trouble with wiring

Two types - This one may be better in the ports as it has a flat face

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/ir-receivers/7733899/

This is the regular type

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/ir-receivers/7689360/

On a KV-1 they would work quite well as they can sit on the top of the hull but for vision ports in cupolas then you need a circuit board.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:42 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi. Thanks for the fast reply, it looks like what I need. Just a stupid question, how should I solder it? All the IR receivers I used, had 3 legs, and this ones seems to have 4.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Rad

Every electrical component you buy will have a datasheet - find/download it and it will tell you what pins are what. I don't have that particular data sheet on hand but even though there are 4 pads there is in fact only 3. Both outer pads are ground V0. I'm sure it will work if you only solder a wire to one of the outer grounds (you don't need both connected).

You will find that multiple ground pads are quite common on SMD components.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » Control and IR Battle Systems