[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Modellino SU-76i Conversion Kit Review & Build
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » German Panzers » Panzer III and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: Re: Modellino SU-76i Conversion Kit Review & Build
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:53 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

November Update

Wow has it been that long? A lot has changed in the past 5 months. The biggest change has been my move to the standard 2.4 gHz radio system. This has been a bonus for the SU-76i allowing the elevation and recoil of the cannon to be controlled by servos (more later) rather than an Asiatam recoil system.

The SU-76i will now be controlled by a SGS-Electronic TVC-TRF10 module and powered by a 2200 mAH LiPo battery which is small enough to fit ACROSS the Pz III chassis. I was dubious at first with such a battery but now I am a big fan. Plenty of run time, I get bored driving the tank before the battery runs low. Reducing the battery size allows for installation of a Visaton FRS-7 speaker and even leaves some room at the rear for me to design a compact smoke unit. The inside of the hull is shown below.

pziii_sgs_inside.jpg

I hope to post next the cannon recoil and elevation setup. Stay tuned....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:40 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Some pics of the servo setup for elevation and recoil of the cannon

SU-76i_Recoil_01.jpg

SU-76i_Recoil_02.jpg

SU-76i_Recoil_03.jpg

Finally a little video of it all in action...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:41 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Very nice P-fish
Recoil works great
Will have to do that mod to my tanks

Cheers
Gra

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:24 pm 
Tiger Commander
Tiger Commander

Nice job.
How about gun traverse?
You can make that whole plate pivot around one point.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:03 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ever so slowly the the SU is nearing completion... Oil wash and drybrushing complete, so now its time for mud and lots of it....

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:12 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

The post above was number 500 for the RC Tanks Australia forum. Woo Hoo... Thanks to all who have posted here.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:01 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Great build Kevin
Like the servo idea for the main gun 8-)

Would that setup work with El Mod Eco

And congrats on the 500 posts mate

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:43 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Gra.

Thanks, and yes it will work with your setup. Not because you have the Eco but because you have the totally awesome tankER9X firmware installed on your 9X.

To setup you would use either of the spare channels 7 or 8. You connect the recoil servo directly to the receiver bypassing the Eco and use the speed up and speed down controls to fine tune the speed of your recoil.

When you are ready to set it all up call me if you need a hand.

Cheers
Kevin

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:47 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Done!!!

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:38 am 
Panther Commander
Panther Commander

Nice work mate good to see it done ,i really like the mud you've done on it ,you will have to give a demo on how to do it the workshop in Jan.
So on to the next one then?

Board index » German Panzers » Panzer III and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds