[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Smoke generator mod.
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Recoil, Elevation, Rotation and Other Mods

Post subject: Smoke generator mod.
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:51 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi everyone! I ran out of space inside my panzer III and I was also bored of the smoke generator pump sound so I decided to remove the smoke's generator pump, and decided to install a 5v 25mm fan. I installed this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... e_Car.html

It was working fine for about ten minutes until for some reason I blew the Rx18 smoke transistor. To check that the smoke generator was still working I connected it to the turret rotation's port and the smoke generator was fine. I did this video when connected to that port: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGIZcljQqU8

Do you know why it blew that transistor?

I opened it to see how it was going inside, and unfortunally I broke the nichrome heating filament.

So I decided to replace it with a resistor. So could you please recommend me what kind of resistor should I use? I have no idea of how many ohms and watts I have to use. Also I think I should reduce the volts to the fan, it is a 5v fan powered by a 7.4 lipo battery, so what resistor should I install in the fan?

Thank you very much for your help, I'll really apreciate it.

Post subject: Re: Smoke generator mod.
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:28 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well I spent some time experimenting here and there. I tried with a new RX18 and with an Ibu 2 Pro with no problem.

At the end I replaced the original nicrome wire with a small hairdryer filament and I got LOADS of smoke

Hope it helps somebody.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:31 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Wow you certainly got some smoke going there Rad, is it also proportional ?
The hair dryer element is a good idea :idea:

Cheers
Gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:09 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi! It is proportional because im using an Ibu2Pro to control the tank.

With the ASP it will be proportional too, right? I'll probarbly buy me one for my birthday :D

Board index » Electronics » Recoil, Elevation, Rotation and Other Mods