[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Ultra-Easy Servo Recoil Mod for Heng Long Tanks
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Recoil, Elevation, Rotation and Other Mods

Post subject: Re: Ultra-Easy Servo Recoil Mod for Heng Long Tanks
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:41 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Hey Kevin,

That is so much better than that crappy stock recoil unit. The gun barrel has come back from my mate now and has been drilled through so i can now paint it and fit in the flash led. I've gone for a 5mm led with a narrow band so the bulk of the flash can be seen forward, have tested it and it looks good :D

Cheers for now,

Mark

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi there.

I have an Rx13/airsoft gun equipped S&S HL Tiger 1.

If I modify the gun into a recoil unit by gutting it and
modifiying it as you have with a servo,what would I need to make it
function as a recoil unit please.

Also,would the ARTC unit work with the Rx13 board please.

Cheers,Mark

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:10 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Mark

My first bit of advice would be to get yourself a RX18 board. These are very cheap. The ATRC may work with a RX13 BUT the board layout is different and I can not tell you which pin you would need to solder the signal wire to.

To utilise a servo for your recoil you would need to either get a ATRC MKII board which has a servo output
OR
Upgrade your radio system to true Hobby Grade 2.4gHz
You can then use either a RC2HL adapter or SGS or EL Mod unit to control your tank and a programmable radio transmitter like the Turnigy 9X to control your servo.

Cheers
Kevin Grannum

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Kevin,

thanks for that info,unfortunatley,neither is an option.
SWMBO is the financial controller in our house(aren't most wives :lol: )
and sees money spent on "playthings" as money wasted,so I tend to
work with what I have and do it for cheaps :( .

Would you check the track recoil thread please?

I have something that you might be interested in for the Rx13.

Mark

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:45 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

this looks awesome :D and a great tutorial :!:

I have a heng Long Panther G and want to put a barrel recoil in it. This looks like the best option. Do the HL recoils also fit in the panther turret? or are there people here whit recoil in their panther?

Garage:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:26 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Paulus

Yes the Heng Long units fit in all of the Heng Long tanks. The problem with the Panther is that you really do have to buy an after market barrel. It is a tough job trying to make a BB firing barrel into a recoiling one.

I am only taking about the barrel - the recoil unit itself is just as easy as any other tank.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:38 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Garage:

Last edited by Paulus on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:40 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey All

As stated earlier in this thread this mod can also be done with the BB gun unit as well since the two unit function similarly. However, I have not posted any pics or instructions for the BB gun mod. It is pretty simple and I think many have been able to work it out by themsleves. Regardless, one day I'll get round to it in more depth but till then here are some pics of the BB unit modded for recoil.

photo2.JPG

As you can see the BB unit is a bit 'fatter' than the recoil unit. Hence to have the servo arm swing in the centreline of the barrel the servo can be mounted on the bottom of the unit rather than on the side.

You can also see a method of attaching the block inside the BB unit with the barrel. You can use some shrink tube to attach the barrel to the protruding nipple on the block inside. In the pic above the shrink tube is red. Depending on the tank and barrel used you can even cut the shrink tube to a certain length to make fine adjustment of the barrel length.

photo3.JPG

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Electronics » Recoil, Elevation, Rotation and Other Mods