[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - The Dragon - A plug and play way to disable track recoil
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Electronics » Recoil, Elevation, Rotation and Other Mods

Post subject: The Dragon - A plug and play way to disable track recoil
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:45 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI ALL

Finally got around to introducing this board to the world. World meet 'Dragon'. Dragon is an Anti Track Recoil Circuit (ATRC) that requires NO soldering or modification of either your RX18 or new Taigen 2.4 gHz RX unit to operate.

Dragon plugs into the 5 pin IR port on the Heng Long or Taigen RX. The only modification needed is to cut the red wires to each motor and connect these cut ends to the terminals on the Dragon (the same as for the ATRC).

The idea for Dragon came from Steve at WDM and hence the name 'Dragon'.

As a new release special Dragon will be offered for the same price as the ATRC MKI and this price will include FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING til the end of September.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: The Dragon - A plug and play way to disable track recoil
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:22 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

G'day Kevin

Sorry I've been AWOL for a long time, and have only tinkered with my tanks from time to time. Recently I purchased a VStanks Leopard 2A5 that I am planning to put an RX-18 unit into and would specifically like to be able to fire while on the move so can the dragon handle this??

At the same time I would like to eliminate the dreaded track recoil issue from my 3 other tanks so your Dragon is just what I'm after.

So where can I get them and how much are they each as I will need 4 eventually.

Spud

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:47 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Nice 2 know you are alive potato head. GOod 2 hear from you, once all these electrics are out of the road we really need to start talking about all those Stug decals.

Ok first up if you plan to use a RX18 you will have recoil when the gun fires or the recoil totally blocked by a Dragon or ATRC. You can not have the tank keep moving under remote control if the RX 18 is involved with triggering the firing of the cannon/IR. To do what you want you would need to move up to 2.4 ghz and use one of my newer RC2HL boards and have some custom programming of the MAKO done for you.

Wouldn't think you would be so scared to pick up a soldering iron and put in 3 wires.

Anyhow PM me and I'll set you up with some early version dragons (on green pcb) all other function exactly the same as the black one. Don't have any black ones left at the mo....

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:21 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Unable to PM yet as I've not posted enough here. But if you PM me then I should be able to reply?

Yes I kind of dropped the ball on the STUG stuff, but once I recover from my hand surgery (long story) I'll talk with you and get that sorted.

2.4 gHz sounds great, but I'm trying to make the most of my existing HL stock for the moment, so for my three WWII tanks stopping and firing is just fine and so Dragons will be perfect for these, although I'm not sure about green coloured boards though, as these might clash with my bright yellow batteries ;)

As for the Leo, I've already ordered the RX-18 but am open to other solutions if not too costly, I have even looked at the Clark board, but using duel RX-18s would give me the ability to fire on the run with no track recoil, may even be able to use a single RX-18 to only run the motors an see what parts of the existing VS board can be used in parallel to run the rest? Cant seem to find much info about modding the VStanks in this regard, but may just be looking in the wrong places.

Spud

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:29 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

you can now - that's post number 2

you shouldn't be using the yellow batteries in any case. The yellow batteries need to go instead into that big green box with 2 little wheels that you keep outside. (well they really shouldn't since they contain cadnium but you know what I'm saying)

By the time you have bought 2 x RX18 you could have bought the cheapest proper 2.4 ghz Radio @$29

Just sayin'

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:31 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Will send PM shortly, Caution PM may have been formed in the same brain that was used to produce the previous questions and may contain traces of questions (gross understatement).

Board index » Electronics » Recoil, Elevation, Rotation and Other Mods