[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Nother great Newbie
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS

Forum rules

This forum is primarily to advise new members on the registration procedure. It is also for newly registered members to ask questions about membership to the forum or where they can post their initial posts in order to gain full forum membership.

Post subject: Nother great Newbie
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:17 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Folks, just a short note to say hello and nice to meet Ya all.

I have a couple of HL's the walker bulldog and the Jagdpanzer.
Both having a problem that is intermittent you know the one goes fine plays up can not find any problem
then decide to work again.
Thank I got taken by the dealer getting seconds and selling at top prices. Whats done is done all I have to do is figure out whats wrong with the stinkin' things. Have a feeling that I may have to fork out for new units and boards the updated RX18's.

Well that my whinge to start things rolling.

CheersnBeers
Ken

Post subject: Re: Nother great Newbie
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:13 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Batmobus

Glad to have you on board. Sorry to hear about your problems but Heng Long tanks are notoriously bad in the QC department. It is probably not the dealers fault. Many may wonder why so few people stock tanks here in Oz and the reason is because of the very high failure rate of the tanks.

They are dead easy to fix but it not unreasonable to expect a working tank straight out of the box.

Still you'll probably soon see that getting rid of as much of the original Heng Long electrics as you can is a good thing.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post subject: Re: Nother great Newbie
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:32 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi, thanks for the reply and welcome aboard.
I am new to both, tanks (well RC ones) and Forums. What I have been gathering the past few weeks has led me to the same conclusion, chuck out the electrics and start afresh. Shame though, one pays big bucks for the things and they do not work out of the box. Well the dog did for a while, a little while. Plus I have also n been picking up some tips as to what to fix with.
So all is not to be shelved while I figure something out. I come from RC's, helos, fixed wing, boats and drift cars. So at least I am not totally in the dark, like I was after I purchased my first helo.
Well down to the nitty gritty.
CheersnBeers
Ken

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS