[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - hello from -almost- the antipodes
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS

Forum rules

This forum is primarily to advise new members on the registration procedure. It is also for newly registered members to ask questions about membership to the forum or where they can post their initial posts in order to gain full forum membership.

Post subject: hello from -almost- the antipodes
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:22 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

just to say hello to you all!

I'm also member of a few other RC tank forums areound the globe (lacadenaherrumbrosa, RCU, panzerketten. HLpanzer-forum and RCTW), and I've been directed here while looking for info about electronics for my new Wirbelwind project and found the new Taipan electronics, I'm very excited and have big hopes on this new item :mrgreen:

i live on the Mediterranean coast of Tarragona, in the old southwestern Europe 8-)

i will open new threads on the appropriate subforums to show to anyone interested some of my work.

best regards!

Post subject: Re: hello from -almost- the antipodes
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:53 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Jussek

I really like your work. Nice to have you sign up and post here. I have so many tanks and projects to finish myself but I definately want to do a Wirbelwind as soon as I can.

If you can tell me what you would like the Wirbelwind to do then maybe I can modify an existing board to suit. I would also like to know how the guns fired on the Wirbelwind. Did each gun fire individually and if so in what order OR did the guns fire in pairs and if so which pairs.

I would like to get the gun sequence correct so I can have the gun sounds and led flashes all in correct order and sync.

For you IR battlebuffs - I think Wirbelwind should fire a new anti-aircraft IR code since it would be a little bit unrealistic having a wirbelwind capable of taking out a heavy tank. But I'd like the Wirbelwind to make mincemeat out of the AR Drones :D

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:01 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

Phyrephish, thank you for the warm welcome!

just the man i wanted to talk to! :mrgreen:

my wirbelwind project is still in 'embryonic' status. When i read some weeks ago your first post in the Taipan thread, i said to myself "this is what we need!". A new electronics package to upgrade the HL one with custom sounds without spend a lot of money in a elmod... and is advertising 'flakpanzer modes'! :shock:

Both my tanks have a Beier USM-HL soundmodul in them, i hate the HL sound, so, as i can live -for now- with the RX18 but not with the horrible sound, i went the Beier route and I'm very happy of the results.
Initially, for the wirbelwind, i thought of using the RX18+Beier too, but then the elevation problem of the gun raised, as it has to be done via a microservo, and the RX18 could'nt sent any signal to the servo, so my search for an alternative electronics begun, and here I'm :mrgreen:

to reply to you question, the info I've read about the flakvierling firing modes is that the guns could be fired in pairs (diagonally opposite) or simultaneously, in either semi-automatic or fully automatic mode.

you can see them in action in different videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxmLdSgI8wU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEItGE0SqCE

so a direct question to you then, i suppose the taipan would be able to control a micro-servo located in the central body of the flakvierling in order to elevate and depress the guns, am I rigth?

Another thing would be the recoil, i do not know if this could be done in a open turret, i think not... :?

best regards!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:32 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Jussek

You would not need to have to wait for Taipan to use micro servos. You could simply use a RC2HL board, RX18 and 9X radio. Once you move over to proper hobby radio gear you will be able to control almost anything.

Because of the rate of fire I don't think that a recoil system would be possible. However, if you really wanted to have something I would look at using biowire. I don't know how fast biowire can contract and recover but some biowire inside a spring could provide recoil system for small diameter barrels.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:01 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

hi Kevin,

using the RC2HL i will be then tied to the HL sounds, and for the Wirbelwind i need to customize my own sounds.

so, i think i would have to wait to the taipan release...

also, do you know if it could be possible to use a Beier USM-HL in conjunction to the RC2HL?

best regards

EDIT:

wait a moment, this is from the Beier forum

http://www.beier-electronic.de/modellba ... c2hl#p1791

i have to translate it properly, or better, i will ask Beier, but i think it says that with the RC2HL the signals would be taken by the USM-HL:

"Eine Möglichkeit sind die "RC2HL"-Adapterplatinen, die es ja von verschiedenen Herstellern gibt. Diese Adapterplatinen wandeln die 1,0-2,0 ms Impulse eines normalen RC-Empfängers, in das HL-RX-18-Protokoll, welches dann wieder vom USM-HL ausgewertet werden kann."

and chrome translation:

"A possibility are the "RC2HL" - the adaptor boards which are from different manufacturers. These adaptor boards change 1,0-2,0 ms impulses of a normal RC receiver, in the HL-RX-18-Protokoll which can be evaluated then again from USM-HL"

the main question here for me is: with the RC2HL, i need to buy also a new receiver board and discard the HL receiver, am i right?
Then i think the combo RC2HL+RCreceiver+RX18+USM-HL will work..

so, if the Taipan is due to be released soon, i think it would be better to wait, if the prices i saw here are correct, it would be cheaper than buy the beier, the receiver, the RC2HL, etc...

but if the taipan development and distribution is delayed, then i could think on buy the 'option B'...

what do you think?

best regards

Jussek

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:27 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Jussek

I have just finished some videos of the new RC2HL and put them on the RCTA you tube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/rctanksau

In the video you will see the output port for an external sound module, Beier, TBS, or ours when Andrew finishes it :) (just chencking to see if Andrew reads the forum as well)

So no you are not tied to the RX18 sounds. Once you move to 2.4 gHz you are no longer tied to anything. Proper 2.4 gHz I mean NOT the Taigen 2.4 gHz which is a toy system using the 2.4 gHz frequency (sorry but someone's go to say it).

When you buy a hobby grade radio you will typically get with it a receiver. For example the Turnigy 9X comes with a 8 channel receiver. So you do not have to buy another receiver until you buy another tank to use with the radio. The 9X can control up to 16 tanks but typically 8 will take up all the internal memory.

I have not looked at the Beier module and we do not have one to test out so I can not say 100% that it will work BUT if the site says it works then it probably will as I do sell RC2HL unit designed and programmed by the original RC2HL creator, Helge.

Re: Taipan development is a bit of a catch 22 situation unfortunately - basically funds are needed for development to proceed, the more people waiting for Taipan - the less funds for development to take place - the longer it takes.

Development will not kick back into full swing until the end of February when the new PCBs arrive from China. The main hiccup at the moment is getting a nice transition between the engine sounds and is not unlikely that early Taipan may not have the engine sond module installed but rather an output port for the connection of an external module such as the TBS.

I would run with the RC2HL+RCreceiver+RX18+USM-HL IF you want your Wirbelwind operating with in the next few months. If your Wirbelwind is a few moths off getting started then hang tight for a bit.

Even so if you had a Wirblewind you could definatley be part of Taipan project so you would get special prices.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 pm 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

thanks Kevin for your long explanation post!

I've bookmarked your utube channel 8-)

in my head the project is not to be started yet, although I've already the Pz IV at home (a 2nd hand, old kitty), and I couldn't resist messing a bit, I have almost dismantled it, taken out all the accessories and tools from the hull, the tower, and all the old electronics...

but in my list there are two other things that i would like to do before: paint the crew figures i have already put together, and finish the Torro Königstiger metal ed. tank. The internals are already completed, but it needs the external detailing, zimmerit and painting still pending...

but i have to thank you for your offer about the wirbelwind to be part of your taipan project! this would be very interesting and nice!

so, maybe i have to alter a bit my 'to do' list! :mrgreen:

right now I'm waiting a reply for a shop in Germany who sells the flakvierling and the turret in resin, if his gun is not 'hard' static and is able to elevate the guns, I think I will get his kit. The most hard part for me will be the electronics, as I've never messed with servos and the like...

best regards and thank you very much!

Jussek

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS