[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - about taipan
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS

Forum rules

This forum is primarily to advise new members on the registration procedure. It is also for newly registered members to ask questions about membership to the forum or where they can post their initial posts in order to gain full forum membership.

Post subject: about taipan
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:00 am 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi all,
Really interested about taipan.
Is it already out? How can I buy?

Post subject: Re: about taipan
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:55 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI There
There will be a Taipan update/video very soon. Unfortunately it is not available outside the Taipan Development group as yet.

Cheers
Kevin G.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:28 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the response. But in the future, can we all buy the Taipan?
I've been finding a controller with realistic functions and sevo capabilities and also great sound
effects.

For now, my candidates are Elmod and Clark TK22. As for Elmod, the eco model is good but does not have recoil servo support. You have to buy the more expensive one. The pro. And have to buy the sound card too. Very expensive. As for the TK22, very good board. Has prgramming functions, can battle with other tank maker has recoil servo and gun elevation support.
Sound is great but needs more amps. Has only I think 3 watts?

So I am really looking forward about Taipan. Hope I can buy it very soon.

Thanks,
hajime42

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:00 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Hajime42, A recoil servo setup can be done best with a radio like the upgraded Turnigy 9X. Thus it is irrelavent that the EL Mod Eco doesn't have it. You do not need to have it as a function on the board itself. You will have far better control using the 9X than any onboard recoil servo system.

AS for the Taipan it will work with all radios BUT it is being developed to work best with the 9X. There are a whole range of functions on the Taipan and that will require a radio with lots of switches.

Taipan is a very different design concept to anything currently available. Much of the development is done in software. Both for the board itself but ALSO for tankER9X which runs on the 9X radio. Updates for the system will need to be downloaded and installed vis USB. In that way users can customise the Taipan to suit.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:41 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,
If I don't need the fuction on the board, How do I set it up on the 9X?
I can buy 9X radio here in Japan but I don't know if it has a mini usb port or something to upgrade the firmware.

Right now, my Tiger 1 set up is Taigen lower metal hull, metal sprockets and idlers,Asiatam recoil unit with high tension flash and a metal barrel.

Also bought a Visaton FRS7-8 speaker. Although I haven't found what board should I buy.
Do you have any advice?

Thanks
hajime42

Post Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:08 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Hajime42,

I have posted a video of the V1 Taipan board on the youtube channel

Over the next few days I will add some more video of the other features and get a mini sound system happening.

With the 9X you need to have the firmware reflashed to either ERX or tankERX To do that you would need to solder 6 wires to the main PCB of the radio. Once you have done that and you can connect to your computer than I can email a file with the servo recoil settings. You can not get a recoil servo mix with the standard 9X firmware. You can do it with the new 9XR as that radio already has the 6 wires soldered to the board and is also running a variant of the great ERX firmware.

If you want something right now then Taipan will not be ready for you. The best system at the moment is El Mod but it is expensive.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:30 am 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the video. I'm really exited about Taipan. I think this is the board for me.
I guess I have to wait till this board is out. I also saw the next two videos. The sound is great!
Is there also a special sound unit just for Taipan? The proportional movements of the motors,turret and gun elevation is super fantastic!!

Guess have to wait for this board. For now, I will buy no nothing to save for this board.

Oh by the way, I bought a 9XR. And so I have to buy RCTA's gimbal centering kit. Also have to flash Tanker9xr firmware on it so I could set up the recoil servo settings Kev talked about.
Please e-mail the file of the servo settings. Want to experiment a lot of things with it.

Banzai!!
hajime42

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Hajime42,

If you have a 9XR and you flash to tankERX then you would be able to get into the Taipan Development group. I have attached tankERX with this post.

tanker9x_130101.zip

For the servo setting download and install eePe

Then open eePe and load this file (unzip of course)

RC2HL_2_setup.zip

When it opens in eePe double click on RC2HL 01 then look at the settings for CH5. The TRN switch is used both to trigger the cannon on CH3 and also to trigger the servo on CH5
You should leave 'Speed UP' to 0 to make sure of the fast snap back but you can change Speed Down for a faster or even slower return.

Yes there is a separate sound board for taipan it uses the same chips and has a very similar setup to Andrew's board. Andrew's board could be used for Taipan as it was developed for use with any normal R/C system. The 2.4 gHz Taigen system is complete rubbish and does not use standard R/C protocol. Andrew has had to develop code specifically for the Taigen system. He is much smarter than me.

I will soon post video of Taipan inside a tank

Cheers
Kevin G

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:24 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,
Thank you very much for your support. I'm very greatfull.
Is there an available usbavr programmer cable for sale for my 9XR? I think the interface in my
9XR has 6 pin on it.

I looked at RCTA's online store but I'm not too sure if I can use it to my 9XR. By the pictute,
I think the one on RCTA's has 10 pins.

Regards,
hajime42

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:01 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Hajime42

The ones on the Webshop are the ones to get, They all now come with a 10 and 6 pin connector. Only 6 pins are actually used so you don't need a 10 pin plug.

More important is the chip on the board and the ones in the webshop have the right FTDI chips

CHeers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS