[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - about taipan
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS

Forum rules

This forum is primarily to advise new members on the registration procedure. It is also for newly registered members to ask questions about membership to the forum or where they can post their initial posts in order to gain full forum membership.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: about taipan
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:24 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,
I just ordered the usbavr and self centering kit. Thank you very much for your support.

You really are a King Tiger Commander!!

For now, I have to do a lot of things to my Tiger 1. Hope the Taipan comes out soon.

Regards,
hajime42

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:46 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,
I ordered them and I think it'll be arriving tomorrow or the next day.
Any new news about Taipan? Guess I'm very too exited tough. Hope I can get into the Taipan
development.

Regards,
hajime42

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hey Hajime42

Here is a new video update for you.

Some video of the initial Tapan board in a PzIII with standard Heng Long metal gearboxes. The settings running on Taian are the original ones developed using Asiatam gearboxes on the testing bench. For a series of calculated guesses I think they do the job pretty good. Sterring is a bit touchy but that will be a simple matter of adjusting a single value in the program down.

I will have to put Taipan into a tank with better running gear to show slow speed better. However, I am working on Remora this week as there is a possibility REmora can make a debut at an upcoming Danville meet. Remora is a wireless link between the controller in the tank and an LCD display on your radio. Remora sends updates on your tank status so you can view info like, hits received, shots fired, repairs made,.... as well as confirming your tank setup, heavy, medium or light tank, MFU optimization and so on. Remora works with the MAKO setup but will also be transported over to Taipan.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,

Thanks a lot for the video. As you said, even more exiting if there's sound.

But well, good news about Remora and Mako. The cables and centering kit didn't arrived today.
Maybe tomorrow.

Have a question, how can I qualify to the Taipan dev? Besides I have 9XR and running Tanker9x?

Regards,
hajime42

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:54 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Hajime42
When you get your USB programmer and have installed eePe. Use eePe to download your radio settings and email the file to me. That way I know you have eePe working. I can then send you back your file back with a Taipan model programmed. That way everyone starts with exactly the same settings.

The Taipan Dev Kit will also include a second programming cable. This cable is a new item that will allow you to update all RCTA boards excepting the RC2HL which needs the exact same cable but with minor changes to the setting on a chip inside the USB plug. (Nothing is ever simple is it???) All up cost of the kit should be around $60. Sound is later and separate that too looks at being around $60 for a development edition.

Cheers
Kevin G

Cheers
Kevn G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi kev,
Got the programmer today. Also installed the self centering kit.

But got a little problem. How can I install the driver for the programmer?

I downloaded this file but it won't install.

Regards,
Hajime

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:21 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Hajime

Unfortunately when it comes to Widows and driver installs that is not my area. I had a lot of problems as well initially but eventually got them to install.

You will need to look for all the documentation about installing the drivers and keep trying.

You may of already been to protostacks page

http://www.protostack.com/accessories/u ... programmer

Here are some extra ideas (not mine)

Driver Download link

http://www.protostack.com/blog/2012/01/ ... ws-driver/

Install

Go to devices and printer check the USBasp is installed propery or not

If Not

Desable MS Trusted Signature check.

Go to device properties and update the driver manually by browsing the driver folder.

To disable MS trusted signature check Windows 7

1. Press F8 while booting
2. Disable MS Driver Signature check

To disable MS trusted signature check Windows 8

1. Pointer on the lower right corner
2. Settings
3. Change PC Settings
4. General
5. Advance StartUp
6. Restart
7. Troubleshoot
8. Disable windows singnature check and Boot

Good Luck
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:46 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Hi Kev,

Thanks a lot for your support. Tanker9x is up and running in my er9x.

Here's the settings file. Now I can join Taipan Dev group right?

Regards,
hajime42

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:47 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Excellent - Yes you can get a Taipan development board. With the board there will be yet another programmer cable. I'm sure it uses the same FTDI drivers as the cable you just installed. This cable will allow you to update the chips on the Taipan board. All up the kit is $60 plus postage. I will send more details early in the week.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm 
Pz IV Commander
Pz IV Commander

Roger that.
Looking forward to. That's great! Can't wait to install it in my Tiger 1.

Regards,
hajime42

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS