[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Hi from Brisbane, Australia
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS

Forum rules

This forum is primarily to advise new members on the registration procedure. It is also for newly registered members to ask questions about membership to the forum or where they can post their initial posts in order to gain full forum membership.

Post subject: Hi from Brisbane, Australia
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:41 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi all,

I've always had an interest in RC tanks, so I thought I'd join this forum to find out more...

I have some questions, do I ask here or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Hi from Brisbane, Australia
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:51 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hi Hemi Metal....i'm also a newby, welcome .....

Cheers
Scott

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:58 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Good to see another Brisbane tanker. You can ask questions here but since you are in Brisbane it would be even better for you to come along to Moreton Bay tank Club Meeting.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:01 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:02 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:40 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Not sure but Gary will let us all know by posting a message in the Moreton Bay Tank Club section of this forum

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:11 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:30 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Ok, whilst I wait for Gary to announce the next meeting I have the following questions:

1. Best brand of 1/16 scale tanks?
2. IR or BB?
3. The more metal parts , the better?
4. Are these tanks waterproof or can they be made waterproof?
5. Best local place to buy?

Thanks!

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:28 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Hi Hemi

Most of your questions are subjective and most will depend on what you want. There are no definitive answers

1. Best brand of 1/16 scale tanks?
Nobody makes the best tanks, the best tanks are a combination from various elements from a variety of manufacturers. But for someone staring out and $$ are not an issue then Tamiya. Somewhat expensive initially and the electrics are now really outdated but good quality and detail.

2. IR or BB?
What is the point of BB? I don't want someone shooting pellets at my highly detail tanks. Also in this day and age hit a little kiddie that has been molly coddled by overprotected parents with a pellet and .......

3. The more metal parts , the better?
Not necessarily - yes for the motors, drive, suspension and tracks but with the more metal the more weight and you will really need to make sure your drive train is working efficiently.

4. Are these tanks waterproof or can they be made waterproof?

No and yes to a limited extent. Some tank types are better than others the Heng Long PzIV is the best for puddles.

5. Best local place to buy?
There are no brick and motor stores locally that sell a wide range of RC tanks bits. The best shops are all online. You can walk in to Hobbydrama and pick up all that you will need for a R/C Tamiya tank but you will pay all up close to twice what you might online.

The better questions to ask are:

What type of tank do I want? This will then dictate the brand. For example if you want a Panzer III then the only choice is Heng Long.

Do you want to drive around only in your backyard shooting pellets at your cat, wife/girlfriend,.... or do you want to go to club meets?

How much money do I want to spend? / Do I want to wait for online delivery or do I want to walk in and walk out with product?

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:42 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Great answers Kevin.....I have a mate who's thinking of buying a tank as well and he's obsessed with all metal, which I think would be way to heavy and could coarse driveline issues or batts not lasting.
Have you had much to do with them?

Scott

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » General Discussion » NEW MEMBERS