[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - Clark-models new rang!!!!
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » Online Shops and Suppliers » New Product Releases

Post subject: Re: Clark-models new rang!!!!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:32 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Sorry Kev, will call you after work hours.

Thanks

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:25 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Hello Chad,
I was told that the Tk-20 boards should be available for purchase either 8/20 or 8/27 of this month. These newest TK-20 boards are supposed to have improvements over the older boards which were shown in the posted videos I've watched here & on Youtube. I understand they are releasing a German sound version only for the first release & will follow with Russian, then Allied sound boards over the following months.

So I'm looking for any information & updates you can shed on the new TK-20 boards & how they are better & differ from the last version, as well as looking forward to see some full test videos of the new boards in action with a couple German tanks!

Also, I was informed of a TK-30 board which has even more improved features than those of the TK-20, but supposedly at 50% more cost ($90), coming out end of August too. So I'm wondering what significant feature improvements those boards have over the TK-20 that justify that much of a raise in its retail cost. The more detail you can give will be appreciated greatly & if there are any videos or pictures of this new TK-30 board please post them for us.

Thanks for any info you can share!

Regards,
Craig

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:52 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Looks like Chad has taken a vacation from the forum for over a month. :? Not sure why there haven't been some more updates on the progress being posted here, but in case anyone else is interested ... here is one of the latest videos of the TK-20 board posted by Clark.

The new TK-20 boards have passed final inspection & testing, can be ordered, & are already shipping!

I had just gone ahead & ordered 2 TK-20-T boards last week myself, & they have already shipped this week. In the next few weeks there will probably be quite a few new Youtube videos of the new board in action from the various tankers around the world who have purchased & will be testing them.

From what I had been communicated a month ago, Clark was initially only going to release 1 German, 1 Russian, then 1 Allied sound set version of the TK-20 board, starting with the German version sound set based off the Tiger. This set should be very good in portraying the sounds of the King Tiger, Tiger I, Panther & their variants. Because other engine, gun ,etc. sounds of tanks from each force (German, Russian, Allied) would not be too accurately portrayed using the initial releases, I had asked him if he had plans on releasing other specific tank sound sets for each force after those initial 3 sets, & he simply answered no. I have since learned through a 3rd party, not Clark himself, that there is now a possibility after the 3 initial releases, there will be other sound sets created for those forces to represent more tanks. This would be fantastic!

I have also learned a little more about the TK-30 boards. Clark said the engine sound on TK-30 requires much more memory, better chip, & software effort, which translated into the extra $30 mark-up from the TK-20. I believe the engine sounds on the TK-20 are stepped, Clark calls it frequency shift mode, while the TK-30 uses a wavelet mode producing a supposedly almost seamless acceleration sound which is more life-like.

Not only will the sounds be much better on the TK-30 (not that the TK-20 sounds are poor, because they are quite good), they are also tied into the ESC driver (called RealEngine) supposedly creating a much more realistic tank-like driving experience because the operator will have to wait while the motor ramps up & goes through gear changes before reaching maximum speeds!

If anyone knows that I am mistaken on anything I've posted above, please correct me, thanks. Otherwise, I can't wait to see some more videos & pictures posted by others with TK-20 functioning tanks, as well as being very excited to receive my own boards! :D

~ Craig ~

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:17 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Thanks for the info Craig. It will be interesting to see if the control system has been made useable. Unfortunately, there are still a number of other things that Clark could of got right but haven't eg. the Bergepanzer function makes the tank invunerable during repair, differing berg IR signal.

Now thtat the MAMBA is pretty much done I am finally able to work on sound. Something I've been wanting to do for ages. The new RCTABU sound boards in development feature 2 separate sound generators with one solely devoted to the engine the other for all the additional sounds. But most importantly they will allow users to load their own sounds onto the boards via SD card or USB. Hence they will be compatible with the EL Mod, SGS and other already existing sound libraries. You will be able to have sounds for any tank you wish and will not be confined to factory preset sounds.

Cheers
Kevin G

rctanksaustralia.com

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:40 am 
Pz III Commander
Pz III Commander

And they'll be ready how soon fish? ;)

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:24 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Ha ha Zak, you've seen how fast I work .... I fried a test unit last week - waiting for replacement chips then I'll be back on it. BUT I will be taking a break at the end of Sept to actually attempt finishing some of those tanks sitting in the office.

Hey those special RC2HL boards/chips are available again so if you are interested in adding all those lighting features or prop control for your turret you know where I live....

Cheers

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » RC Tanks Australia » Online Shops and Suppliers » New Product Releases