[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
RC Tanks Australia Forum • View topic - I few tweaks to my T-34
Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Soviet Tanks » T-34 and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds

Post subject: I few tweaks to my T-34
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Well I got the WSN T34 last Christmas but only just got round to doing some work to it!

First up was convert the electronics to HL RX18 so driveability was easier than the standard WSN controls.

Next I changed the green! headlight to amber one.

Next I went about adding IR. Orignially was going to install the HL wiring harness but decided to try re-use the already fitted IR receivers in the turret. Bit of trail and error switching cables and got it all working. :D

The IR emitter I added in a short tube in the mantlet.

Then changed the flash LED from the red one to amber as I think it looks better.

Then to finish off the electronics I fitted a Mako board (mk1), RC2HL & 2.4ghz receiver.

Also removed the resistor from the turret turn motor to make the turning a bit quicker.

And by the way I'm running it all on 8AA rechargable batteries so that's 9.6v!

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post subject: Re: I few tweaks to my T-34
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:12 pm 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Very nice, I want to do this to my T-34 as well but I want to change the gearboxes too to standard heng long stuff or just something more rigid.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:44 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

I thought about changing the gearboxes as people complained how rubbish they are but I've been running it with those plastic gearboxes since Christmas across all terrian including long grass and to be honest I like the gearboxes lovely and quiet and strong enough for doing sharp turns on tough terrian.

So I say unless you have an issue with yours stick with them a lot better than HL ones which I imagine will be a pain to install.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:56 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

looks good Tankbear
i want a T34 as well ;)

i think the gearboxes have a slip clutch, so when the time comes you could glue it up and then the gearbox will go for ages again

cheers
gra :)

Panzergruppe South Member

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:22 am 
Kübelwagen Driver
Kübelwagen Driver

Makes sense to keep the existing gearboxes.. Just getting carried away wanthing to mod everything :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:36 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:40 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:31 pm 
Kettenrad Driver
Kettenrad Driver

yeah keeping the existing gearboxes is the good idea.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 pm 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

Did some work on the T34 last night.

LOL if something could go wrong it did. Was going to simple swap out the MAKO v1 with a MAKO v2 with ATRC.

First up the MAKO v2 has a hit indicator which I needed to wire up. Since the T34 was a WSN IR version it already had one in the turret roof. So I go about wiring it all up and didn’t work! For what reason the LED had blown so needed to replace that.

Next I couldn’t get the tank to start, so ended up unplugging bits in case there was a short somewhere only to find the battery had gone flat. So put that on a quick charge to get things moving. Then I noticed the 5 wire connector between the RX18 and MAKO board one of the wires had come out of the plug, so off on the hunt I go to find a replacement 5 wire connector.

Fitted the ARTC without issues though! Plugged it all in and switched on, the hit indicator now staying on. Bit of investigation and released this tank running 8cell (9.6v) so must be over voltage so add a 100ohm resistor to it which works.

Put the tank back together to quickly test. Fire the tank and it recoils (not suppose recoil), fire at the tank it takes hit, LED flashes to say hit, no judder. But it never gets destroyed! So quick slap on my head and released I probably fried the MAKO board with the extra voltage. Tools down and go watch some TV.

What fun!

Ian.

SU100
HE Abrams
HL Leopard 2A6
HL Jagdpanther

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:04 am 
King Tiger Commander
King Tiger Commander

HI Ian

Yep problem was connecting 5 volt MAKO and ARTC to a 9.6 volt system. Still the ATRC should be fine.

A replacement AMKO chip which will be v3 and a new 5 pin cable I can send to you air mail letter for only $5.

Cheers
KG

rctanksaustralia.com

Board index » Soviet Tanks » T-34 and Variants » 1/16 Scale Builds